Installation of the JFUploader
Simply install the zip file as a component in the Joomla backend.
There could be problem with the installation when your server does have safe mode active. To install JFU with safe mode properly please:
- Use the safe mode patch - This is actually useful for all your other installtions too (if you have safe mode active on your server) ;).
- Go to 'Site -> Configuration -> Server' and change the settings for 'CHMOD new files' and 'CHMOD new directories' to 777 (or 775).
This should be done if you get one of the following error messages:
- Failed to move uploaded file to /media directory.
- Unrecoverable error "PCLZIP_ERR_READ_OPEN_FAIL (-2)"
- Joomla 1.5: In Joomla 1.5 the session can be stored in the database. JFU has some restrictions (See JFU config page) if you have this setting.
You have to select "none" at Site -> Configuration -> System -> Session-Handler.
If you change the permissions please do this BEFORE installing JFU. Please note that there are many server configurations do exist and every setting is a little bit different. Therefore you should first try to install JFU without any modifications and then try to make the settings described above.
On my server it is enough to do step 2 only. But this depends on your server safe mode confguration. Therefore you maybe have to try different settings for your server until you get JFU working. If you had to make something else to get JFU to work please let me know to improve this text.