Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 23. Apr 2024, 19:28

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 9. Oct 2005, 15:46 
Hi

I download twg v1.3 on centos4 (redhat el4)

It work great. Max view is great.
Thanks for this great piece of software.

My test server is a 400mhz pentium 2, php 5.0.4, gd 2.0.28 and twg is very very slow.
showing an image takes about 5 seconds of full cpu. Is it normal? Is GD so cpu consuming?

I have a (small) problem when I launch twg: there are error messages in /var/log/httpd/error_log

Code:
[client 192.168.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /var/www/html/twg13/inc/speed.inc.php on line 61
[client 192.168.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /var/www/html/twg13/inc/speed.inc.php on line 73

and twg uses german language. (I use a french browser)

I also have a lot of these messages:
Code:
[Sun Oct 09 15:44:53 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico
[Sun Oct 09 15:45:01 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico

twg12 says:
Code:
[Sun Oct 09 15:48:51 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/twg12/language/language_da.gif, referer: http://centime/twg12/

what is this 'da' language?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. Oct 2005, 10:08 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. only the fullscreen modus is that cpu consuming because is is generating every picture and not storing it! (gd is that consuming !)
In the normal modus all the pictures are cached and only generated once.
In fullscreen this is not possilbe because I generate the pictures exactly in the size of the browser window.

1st error message - php cannot detect your browser language automatically - therefor this message comes up - redownload 1.3 - I check now before I access this variable.

2nd: Thats an apache error message - you can google for it. btw. the latest dl has an facourites icon ;)

3rd: what is the default language in your config.php? Normally I put de or en there if the browser cannot be detected ...
da is Danish.

check you xml/_mydebug.out - are there any messages?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Oct 2005, 21:36 
Strange, it is now in english. I use the downloaded zip as is, as I am still testing...
Everything is fine BUT I noticed a very strange behaviour: I can see all images in standard size. In max view, I can see all of them except one: kinga in the domai album. Strange isn't it?

Thanks very much

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Oct 2005, 08:47 
Site Admin

Hi,

twg tries to detect your browser language. If it does not it used the default language. I changed the default from de to en in one of my latest uploads - maybe this is why ...

It's interesting why this one pictures does not show up in fullscreen. I tested it on all my machines and this work fine. You can check the xml/_mydebug.out for any errors - maybe memory is the problem. Kinga is a little bit bigger than the other ones. And because of the different dimensions it uses more memory - call the info.php and check the memory settings of your php.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Oct 2005, 22:17 
you are right.
the default 8M for memory_limit in php.ini is not enough. I raised it to 16M it everything is now fine.

Thanks