Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 02:19

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11. Jan 2016, 21:18 

Hello, I am a TWG newbee. Everything is fine with my installation except of the displayed folder.png images.

I have the latest TWG version, 2.3.3, and a license file for the pro version. And yes, I am clearing the cache after any change of the setup. Also, I tried to understand all related HowTo's. Browsers: PC and Smartphone, all kind of.

My setup is straight forward: a folder hierarchie to organize the albums, and the images in the lowest folder. A folder.png per subfolder.

I like to have the "responsive" feature, and the folder.png side by side (no effects, no cascading, or collage)

Images do not have the same size.

All settings are default, or as mentioned below.
$show_colage= false;
$folder_effect= 'none';

Scenario 1: no license file --> display of folder.png, or first image, as expected, side by side (at this point I thought: that's what I need pus the "responsive" feature)
http://www.swampmoon.net/test/galerie2015_1/

Scenario 2: license file in place, and $responsive_main_page = false --> display of folder.png, or first image, as expected, side by side
http://www.swampmoon.net/test/galerie2015_2/

Scenario 3a: license file in place, and $responsive_main_page = true, and $menu_pic_size_x/y != image_size_x/y --> display of folder.png, or first image, is cascaded (collage?), but now somehow reponsive. If the browser is zoomed down to e.g. 25%, some images are displayed spaced ( I guess those having the same size), and some are overlapping
click right top level album: http://www.swampmoon.net/test/galerie2015_3/

Scenario 3b: license file in place, and $responsive_main_page = true, and $menu_pic_size_x/y == image_size_x/y=600x400 --> reponsive, and well displayed w/o any overlapping images
click left top level album: http://www.swampmoon.net/test/galerie2015_3/

By-the-way: different values for $menu_pic_size_x/y do not change the image's size in any means...

What's wrong?

Thanks,
Uli

PostPosted: 11. Jan 2016, 22:28 
Site Admin

So your problem is in gallery 3? Can you post the page where the issue is? I don't see it.

folder images are never resized (See howto 5). Therefore $menu_pic_size_x/y are not used of course.

When you want to enable the responsive mode you have some restrictions in howto 57. If the sizes differ to much the divs still float but than it can look strage. But unfortunately the is a limitation if the floating of css.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Jan 2016, 22:55 

Yes, gallery 3.

The link in my initial post is working, I double checked it.

Here the direct link to the overlapping images:
http://www.swampmoon.net/test/galerie2015_3/index.php?twg_album=Band_bis_2014

For my understanding: folder.png are displayed as they are, correct? This means images need to be resized before upload.

What I do not understand is your comment regarding:
$menu_pic_size_x= 600; // (Number) Width of the gallery overview pictures

Isn't the gallery overview picture and the folder.png image the same? After setting this value to a proper number, the display was fine. So it has an impact, but it is not the size!?

From Howto57: $responsive_main_page - Enables a responsive main page. The table structure does than float. The $menu_x and $menu_y settings do than only define the number of albums shown on each page.

I do not understand the meaning of the howto: let's say I would have sized all (an unknown number of) overview images to 600x400, what is than the correct value for $menu_pic_size_x/y

Regards,
Uli

PostPosted: 11. Jan 2016, 23:26 
Site Admin

$menu_pic_size_x=600;
$menu_pic_size_y=400;

folder.png are displayed as they are by default. This was done because you can create a overview page with different sizes.

What you can do is set $resize_folder_gif = true;

Than they are resized to $menu_pic_size_x/y.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2016, 00:03 

$resize_folder_gif = true; in config_internal.php

That's working!

So, almost perfect.

There is one little thing
-- the idea of the folder.png is to have large images as opener for "sub-galeries". This is fine on any regular >13" display
-- on a smarphone the image is way to big. So, the user has to resize the folder.png all the time he/she is walking along the folder tree
-- the detailed images are shown in a proper size

--> there should be a (responsive?) flag to get the behaviour of the detailed image on a folder image, depending on the browser size.

Is there a wishlist :wink: ?

Regards,
Uli

PostPosted: 12. Jan 2016, 10:42 
Site Admin

This is not really an option you can set. What you can do is simply to set the max-width of the folder image.

Best, Michael