Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 09:31

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: A painful install
PostPosted: 26. Nov 2016, 03:33 

While I tested your program through your demo, and it looks great, I have been working for several hours changing file permissions, directory permissions, and system settings and there are still errors.

I would also like to comment on your "ordering system," as you require a "registration number" meaning that I needed to take several extra steps in order to purchase. Which would normally stop me from any further action; Yet, I must say, I guess this is a good thing since I have had so much trouble trying to get this thing running. All these problems (and time) is making me consider to continue looking for something that doesn't have so much work involved with installing it, just to test it on my site.

Post subject: Re: A painful install
PostPosted: 26. Nov 2016, 09:57 
Site Admin

I don't know your experience with installing php software.

It never took me longer then 1 minute sec to install TWG. Only the directories/files that need to be writeable have to be changed manually. And if you use the installer the installer does this for you if possible.
And this is needed for any software that e.g. writes something to the server (like the cache...).

Has your server maybe wrong defaults? Than you should contact your system administrator.

Interesting is what you mean with the ordering system as actually TWG with all the basic features is completely free! So no registration is needed in the first place.
And a "registration number" is only needed for users that update their license. So you cannot have this,
You would only have to add your basic data and that's it. And this is only for the additional features.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 26. Nov 2016, 21:26 

I am very familiar with working with and installing PHP app's.

I did use your web gallery download installer "TWG 2.4 Installer Version". What it did was changed all files and directory's that needed access to, to 777. When uploading, the majority of site providers force appropriate permissions settings such as 644 for files and 755 for folders. Yet this is depending on your hosting account, it could be necessary to change them.

Now what I meant about your sales/purchase page. Initially, I didn't download your software, as I was so impressed with your demo that I was going to purchase it right off. So I went to your "Register/Buy" page and selected "Enterprise Edition License" and filled out the information. When I clicked onto your "Finish registration" it required me to enter my registration code - which of course, never registering, or having the software previously, I didn't have a code to enter. This is what I was referring to previously. Had it just went ahead and taken me to PayPal to order, you would have had a sale; before the problems of trying to install.

As it is, I stopped trying to get it running, as it was taking too much time to try to install, getting errors, and going to see what the error was, making the corrections needed, then trying again, just to get some other errors, checking the error log, making the needed changes, and this was getting to be a constant peat, repeat.

If this system didn't give me this fight, You would of had a sale. Now, add to this negative feeling about your product, there wasn't an easy way to get in touch, as I had to come here to the forum, register here, and put in my complaint/inquiry. It would be easier for noobs to your software to simply have a contact form that they can ask questions or comments about your software; rather than having to register on your forum (which, IMHO, should be for after sale questions and assistance) and post.

I will close by saying, that I still think that what I saw in your demo was highly impressive, but am very weary now as to what other possible problems I might run into when attempting to incorporate this into my existing site(s); as I don't want to use the iFrame, but rather just the PHP 'include' into the section(s) of a web page. I only needed it for one site presently, but was going to purchase the Enterprise Edition License for possible other sites in the future.

PostPosted: 27. Nov 2016, 13:31 
Site Admin

You selected in the registration that you update an existing license. Therefore you where asked.

As you only refer to errors and don't provide any details I cannot help you here right now.
also it seems strange for me that you get errors and errors again. This is a quite uncommon and no one has reported this behavior before.
You have never written what your problem is and how you want to configure TWG.

And also not getting in touch with me is something I don't understand.
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/about.php
Anyone can write directly if he wants to. This link is in the navigation.

A forum should be open for everyone. Especially as the normal version is completely free and does NOT require registration. Also only a contact form would lead that I have to answer the same question again and again. I cannot answer hundreds of e-mail every day!

Also your problem how to integrate TWG directly to your site is described: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/faq.php#h2.
But this means that your whole css does overwrite css of TWG. Often developers are needed to solve such conflicts!

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 27. Nov 2016, 22:24 

Thank you for the information. I have sent you an email.

PostPosted: 27. Nov 2016, 23:14 
Site Admin

I did not get anything.

Best, Michael