Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: A couple of questions
PostPosted: 22. Mar 2008, 16:58 

Hello,
this is my first time on the forum (although I've been using TWG for several months) and I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1) Is it possibile to get the italian language files or are they meant only for registered users?

2) I've never been able to upload anything using the Flash Uploader; does someone fixed this problem?

3) Is it possible to have separate statistics for each album (for example, the Top 13 for each album instead of all albums all together)?

It's all for now... :D

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 13:16 
Site Admin

Hi,

1: simply go to the languages_extra foldr and copy the language you want to the language folder (like the installation instruction says).

2: You don't provide an error - how should I guess whats the problem on your server?

3: Simply go to the folder and click the top 13 there.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 20:28 

Hello Michael and happy Easter!
First of all I would like thank you for your precious input. Here's my reply:

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Hi,
1: simply go to the languages_extra foldr and copy the language you want to the language folder (like the installation instruction says).

That's right, I found it. I've actually read the instruction manual but I haven't spotted the point in which it says where those files are stored in the server.
Nevertheless, be advised that the italian language file is translated only in part (the first half, to be precise) while I had to traslate the second half by myself. I also grabbed the chance to improve the translation of some terms in a less naive way.

Quote:
2: You don't provide an error - how should I guess whats the problem on your server?

You're right, but that's because the Flash uploader doesn't produce a specific error but rather a generic one. By the way, the problem is much the same as described in the link below.

Quote:
3: Simply go to the folder and click the top 13 there.

I haven't noticed this feature yet! :D Danke schoen!

Federico

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 20:45 
Site Admin

Hi,

If you have translated the 2nd half - please send it back to me - i'll update the translation file then.

About flash - What is happening? Not working is from not displayed at all to the the flash does not upload at the last step?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 21:47 

Ok, I'll send you the complete translation right away.

For what concerns the upload... sorry about the link I promised above, but it doesn't let me post links. For a description of the problem go in TinyWebGallery Forum -> TWG Flash Uploader -> ERROR: Upload failed. 1 file(s) of 1 could not be uploaded. It's the same for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 21:50 
Site Admin

have you tried what is done there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. Mar 2008, 22:26 

I can't. In my Linux distribution (Mandriva One) you can only set the Autostart option globally (and that should be enough) in php.ini file. No further options.
Nevertheless, I don't think this is the problem for two reasons: 1) other php upload scripts work correctly and 2) there was a time in which TWG F.U. worked correctly too, without any change in the php properties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2008, 01:23 
Site Admin

1 - are the other scripts flash bases too?
2 - when it was working before - check what your hoster has changed!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2008, 11:49 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
1 - are the other scripts flash bases too?

No, they are just plain php.

Quote:
2 - when it was working before - check what your hoster has changed!

I don't have any hoster, the web gallery is hosted on my own server, so I'm absolutely sure that nothing has ever changed. By the way, you can check the error by yourself by visiting my website and trying to upload something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2008, 12:10 
Site Admin

Then you cannot compare that.

And something as changed. It is never the case that is worked and suddenly it does not work anymore.

I don't have an account on your server ...

/Michael