Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 20:55

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 3. Jul 2008, 00:38 

It would be beneficial if there were 'TWG Variables' or similar that could be entered into the albumr.txt and albuml.txt files. These variables could be something like '[Album_Name]'. When a user types [Album_Name] into the albumr.txt or albuml.txt files, TWG reads this and replaces [Album_Name] with the album name specified by the foldername.txt file.

A list of the variables I thought of:
Album Name - from foldername.txt
Album Description - from folder.txt
Link to Album
Photo Count - similar to what is displayed when no albumr/l.txt is used

I attempted to implement this myself, but so far have been unable to find in the code where the folder.txt and foldername.txt files are read, as well as where the link and count are generated.

Also, the ability for TWG to automatically choose formatting based on whether the file is left or right. What I mean by this can be seen here. In this file, I made up variables for the name/description (these would be replaced by my above idea). The script determines whether the filename is albumr.txt or albuml.txt, and outputs the appropriate formatting. This may not be able to be implemented because it is dependent upon the formatting that the user wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Jul 2008, 09:02 
Site Admin

about the variables - that's a good idea.
i'll make a note in my todo list... because most of the variables are already there. They are just not shown. I could simply extend the FAQ and tell you which variables you have to use ... ;).

about the formating. You are right. i can make 2 different styles that are used. Then you don't have to do this in the album.txt files...

But I think you would like something like a generic album.txt - because in your link you do some parsing although you know in which files you are ...

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Sep 2010, 21:29 
Site Admin

I have just added this to my local build - this feature will be available in 1.8.2!

- Michael