Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 15:04

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28. Aug 2018, 19:21 

I KNOW there are lots of security issues with what I am about to ask. We are not sure we are going to NEED to do this but are looking at potential solutions. ( So, try not to hate on me, its been a long week already)

We have been using the pro version of advanced iframes for a few years now. We like it. A lot.

We are switching our external facing request for information and application forms to Salesforce based forms, this means they live on a salesforce.com URL. At this time they are iFramed into Wordpress based pages. For reasons mostly having to do with Google Analytics we would like to have the iframed form force the parent page to a new url with a string that we can use to trigger a GA event...a link like, ourdomain.com/THANK-YOU.html

Is there a way within advanced to pass a parameter, saaaay a URL up to the parent and force a reload to that URL?

We have had some discussion of the potential security issues this raises and recognize that browsers are, in fact, designed NOT to allow this....but we are wondering if, by tightly controlling the variables we can get this to work SAFELY.

Does anyone have suggestions? I am ok with rational pointers about why this is a really bad idea...we started there but are looking for ways to both mitigate that risk and get us the trigger we need, and we recognize that it may just not be possible.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 28. Aug 2018, 23:25 
Site Admin

can you ad javascript to the form?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 29. Aug 2018, 21:06 

I think we can, unfortunately I am not the salesforce dev....and he lives elsewhere....but let me get an exact answer.

PostPosted: 29. Aug 2018, 21:50 
Site Admin

This would be needed to do any communication between the iframe an the parent.
Currently the communication has a generic data part. This then has to be adopted for you to pass your custom data to the parent.
And then you can use a custom converter to extract this data and do whatever your want.

Best, Michael