Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 06:50

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28. Jul 2010, 01:15 

Joomla 1.5.20
JFU 2.10.7
Apache on Linux dedicated server.

Okay, Michael, I've done some testing today. Here's what I found:

The main reason I wanted not to dispay the text of "Upload maximum file size (per file)" was because it displayed the wrong value.

You said it's not currently possible until 2.11, so I decided instead to see what is the problem I'm having with the wrong display.

The problem is not that it shows dot instead of a comma (as I had previously said) - it should display dot - but that it says KB instead of MB in certain places.

In the tfu_210.swf installed with the JFU v2.10.7 it would say for example: Upload maximum file size (per file): 70.000 KB instead of 70MB.
After a file was chosen it would say: Upload size: 5.6 KB instead of 5.6 MB. In the progress bar it would also say 5.6 KB instead of 5.6 MB.

I had priviousy purchased from you about 10 months ago another professional edition license for a testsite and installed there JFU v 2.10.0.
Now I realized that on that website everything displayed correctly with MB.

Then I made a test, downloaded from your website the new TFU 2.11, took from it the file tfu_211.swf, renamed it tfu_210.swf, and placed
it temporarily instead of the original tfu_210.swf on the JFU 2.10.7 installation.
The flash fully functioned like this. I noticed that the "Upload maximum file size (per file)" text displays correctly as: 70MB.
However, the "Upload size" (after a file has been chosen) and the progress bar they still displayed KB instead of MB.
So now I knew there's a difference inside the swf file itself in displaying in regards to the KB/MB display.

I decided to place my old faithful tfu_210.swf from the JFU v2.10.0 old installation onto my v2.10.7 installation, and what do you know...
suddenly everything displays as it should. In the progress bar and in all the text it's reading it right as MB and not KB (and if it's a file
below 1MB then it does uses KB as it should).

I don't know, maybe you have a problem with the tfu_210.swf file in JFU v2.10.7 AND with your brand new tfu_211.swf, because they both
dispaly the KB wrongly (for me at least), while the old swf file from JFU v2.10.0 works well.

Is it for everyone like this? I don't know. Maybe just for some people on some servers. but this indicates a possible problem I think.

The bottom line is that I'm now keeping and using on my JFU v2.10.7 the old tfu_210.swf file from JFU v2.10.0.

It seems to work very well for me. I'm not using and won't need to use any of the options for the remote server. Only allowing people
to upload files from their own computer. Therefore, I don't see any function that I'm missing (I know that there's no warning for
duplicate file, but I don't need that one).

I really only have one question for you:

For me, using this old version of the swf file seems to be working well. But can you see a problem with this that I haven't thought about.
Some functions that won't work (not on remote access), or anything that I should be aware of? Or do you think it should work fine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Jul 2010, 08:31 
Site Admin

Hi,

The Upload size limit is always shown in MB.

All other sizes are shown depending on their size.
So are files > 1000 MB shown in MB only.
files > 100 MB are shown as 100.4
Files below are shown in KB like windows does. I only started to shorten large sizes to make them more readable.

2.10.0 is the same but with other limits. I think the the 100 MB was still 50 MB.

About the . , Issue. In Germany and many other coutries 100.000 KB means 100 MB. I have added the seperators to the language files. So in the next version 100.000 will be shown if you use German. 100,000 will be shown if you use english.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Jul 2010, 18:58 

Michael, I'm not sure if you understood me correctly.

The Upload size limit was not shown in MB.
It was shown in KB.
In all places, including in the progress bar:
if I had a file that I know is 5.6MB, it displays as: 5.6KB
That is wrong no matter how you look at it or where.

Personally, because I'm only allowing to upload video files, and they're always few MB, It would never be good for me to display KB, not even 5,600KB. When it reaches 1024KB I would much prefer to display 1MB, 1.6MB, 5.6MB and so on.

But never mind all the above. The bottom line is that for me it works and displays fine only if I take the tfu_210.swf file that originally came with the JFU v2.10.0 and I place it in my JFU v2.10.7 (instead of the tfu_210.swf that comes with JFU 2.10.7).

Like this I actually see exactly what I described above that is good (5.6MB for a 5.6MB file, as it should be, even in the progress bar).

So it's really important for me to ask you this specific point again:

For me, using this old version of the swf file on JFU 2.10.7 installation seems to be working well (unlike the newer swf files).
But can you see a problem with using this older swf file that I haven't thought about. Some functions that won't work? (not on
remote access because I'm not using it), or anything that I should be aware of? Or do you think it should work fine?
Also, can I upload 500MB files with this swf? (server side I have no limits). Any limits that this swf file might cause me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Jul 2010, 22:07 
Site Admin

if you use the old file then only a couple of settings are not known which are used in a newer version. You only have to check in config.php which are the new settings which then do not work.

The strange this it that I cannot reproduce your problem.
I switched to the KB display because this is the way windows is doing it an a lot of users are used to this.

About the limits. Most servers have a limit of 2 GB because of a 32 bit apache/php installation.
More interesting are the timeouts on many servers. They have to be high enough. If you have a quite fast lane you should be fine. I have sucessfully tested 1.8 GB. But I have a 10 MB upload at home so it does not took that long :).

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29. Jul 2010, 20:50 

Okay, thanks Michael
It seems I can manage for now by using the old swf file.
It works the best for me.
thanks!