Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:40

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 06:57 

Hi, I am trying to install your gallery on a Windows server running XAMPP as you suggest in your howto's. I pulled up the info page, and other than some reds on Image Magick and ffmpeg support, I'm all green. The next step as suggested on the info page was to pull up the admin page. When I do, I get this popup:

"The user file "admin/_config/.htusers.php" is missing. If you have done an update with the files from the installer you have not copied the filed from the full directory of the install_twg.zip. You find the files that are missing for a full install in this directory. Please copy at least the user file to the admin folder!"

So, I did some searching around for this. I can see and edit and delete and copy and manipulate in any way the .htuser.php file. It's a Windows box and administrator has full control. I tried rename the file _htuser.php. Same problem. I click OK and it shows me the admin login page. I use admin : twg_admin and then the page goes blank. I am using Firefox.

So, I checked the _mydebug.out file. Here are the errors listed:

ERROR 8 in ywebgallery\admin\_include\fun_users.php, line 84: Undefined index: users

ERROR 2 in \tinywebgallery\admin\_include\login.php, line 150: session_start() [_a href='function.session-start'_function.session-start_/a_]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\tinywebgallery\admin\_include\fun_users.php:53)

ERROR 2 in \tinywebgallery\admin\_include\login.php, line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\tinywebgallery\admin\_include\fun_users.php:53)

I keep digging deeper into this, but I have a feeling the answer is really simple. Can you point me in the right direction? Please and Thank you.

-snakelips

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 11:26 
Site Admin

so the .htusers.php file is really missing?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 17:24 

No, no, it's really there, right where it's supposed to be and I have full control over it. But the admin page can't seem to see it.

-snakelips

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 18:39 
Site Admin

Maybe the file itself is corrupt. Have you tried to replace it with the version In my zip file?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 18:50 

Yes sir. Downloaded another fresh copy and replaced it. I'll try again though.

-snakelips

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Feb 2010, 21:14 

OK, I figured it out. I was confused about how to install it. Here's what I did to get it working, in case someone else is having a similar problem:

1.) Download the zip version of TinyWebGallery: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/download. ... ery=latest

2.) Unzip this file to your desktop and open the folder twg178 and then the folder twg178 in there. (Folder name may change depending on the current version available.) Highlight and copy all the files and folders in there (admin, buttons, cache, counter, dtree, examples, etc., etc.) and paste them into a folder you create in the C:\xampp\htdocs folder called tinywebgallery (you could name it anything you want. I just called it tinywebgallery cuz astrosmashjamboreebeewax wouldn't have made as much sense).

3.) Then, if you have xampp services on, punch localhost/tinywebgallery into your browser, and you should be good. Put a /admin at the end of that address and boom, you're on the admin page! Or /info.php and you're on the info page.

Here's a nice link discussing setting up xampp for use with streaming audio: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos ... y_computer but useful for this purpose too.

Thanks for you help, and good luck to all!

-snakelips

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Feb 2010, 10:07 
Site Admin

Hi,

so what where your problem then?
Because you described the normal way how to unzip an archive and copy it to the web server folder.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 4. Feb 2010, 17:44 

Oh, yeah, I guess that would help. I didn't understand that I needed to extract the whole twg178 folder into there. I only extracted one of those out. IDK...it was late...I was tired.

Thanks!