Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 18:24

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: .htusers.php
PostPosted: 24. Nov 2008, 18:03 

Hi,

I'm a new user of TWG and I'm finding it brilliant (I'm actually new to everything to do with making websites).

But when I tried to access the admin/index.php using the correct user name and password I got an error message saying that the file .htusers.php is not there. So I tried installing that file again but I couldn't. I found out that my web hoster or whatever the correct term is does not accept file names to start with a " . " (dot)...

In fact, every file that starts with a period was not uploaded to my website, including ".htaccess" and about 20 or 30 others...

What can I do about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Nov 2008, 19:09 
Site Admin

are you using a mac?

most of the time your hoster does accept the file but they are not transfered by your ftp.

.ht* files are very, very common.
If you still cannot get it to work you would have to search in the php files for .htusers.php and rename it to _htusers.php and the file as well.
Then make sure to secure this file! normally you do this with a .htaccess file ;). Ask your hoster how to do this on your server if he does not allow this kind of files.

Or you can try to use the installer version which extracts all needed files on the server. Then you are sure that your ftp is not the problem but your hoster.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Nov 2008, 02:18 

Thanks for the reply Michael

I'm using windows xp.

Before asking my question I had already tried extracting the files straight to the server, so I know that my ftp client is not the problem, the problem lies with the web hoster.

I'll try your advice with renaming .htusers.php to _htusers.php.... Can't I do the same for the .htaccess file or do I really have to contact my hoster about this?

Thank you very much for your prompt advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Nov 2008, 09:21 
Site Admin

.htaccess is a file that is automatically read by your webserver.
Therefore it is really unusual that you don't can use . files.

Ask your hoster how to solve this.

/Michael