Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 18:17

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 9. Aug 2017, 14:13 

Hello,

I am getting quite a number of error messages listed in my debug file, some examples:

ERROR 2 in bcde/........./inc/counter.inc.php, line 83: fopen(counter/useronline.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in bcde/........./inc/counter.inc.php, line 84: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
ERROR 8 in bcde/........./inc/counter.inc.php, line 256: Undefined variable: zaehler

The interesting observation is: "error in bcde" whereas my directory actually is "abcde". WHich means in all messages I read, the 1st letter is missing. As I do not manually set any parameter here, it seems like a (global?) variable is shortened?

I use TWG 2.4.3
on PHP 5.5.38
on Linux <hostname> 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.43-2+deb8u1 (2017-06-18) x86_64

I just checked - none of the parameters displayed at "show php info" in the TWG backend has "bcde" (i.e. one letter short) results, all show the full "abcde" as directory names.

(abcde is of course just a placeholder, the real directory name is different)

Thx for any pointers!

PostPosted: 9. Aug 2017, 20:55 
Site Admin

I the last update i changed the way some files are written. But I missed how it works if the file does not exist. Please create a empty file called useronline.txt and counter.txt in the counter folder.

the 2nd problem could be happening because of the sorting. Can you check the time if your server? It the timestamp it too long this can maybe cause this.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 10. Aug 2017, 09:32 

Hello Michael,

first of all - thx for your excellent reaction time - you're really great and I'd like to thank you for all this effort you're putting into TWG Gallery!

TinyWebGallery wrote:
I the last update i changed the way some files are written. But I missed how it works if the file does not exist. Please create a empty file called useronline.txt and counter.txt in the counter folder.

Done. The creation of the two (0 byte sized) files did result in a spinning wheel for a few seconds (on the "home" page) and then the wheel disappeared, and both files are getting filled. thx!

I think you'd need to provide these two as a standard into your delivery package / ZIP file?

TinyWebGallery wrote:
the 2nd problem could be happening because of the sorting. Can you check the time if your server? It the timestamp it too long this can maybe cause this.

Not sure which time output you're after? When I "show php info", one variable "_SERVER["REQUEST_TIME"]" and also "_ENV["REQUEST_TIME"]" is set to 1502350040. Does this help?

---

But I think the main issue was due to the fact - if you check with my initial email - that the first letter of the directory name got lost......... the rest is more or less to me a "logical consequence" out of this...

But maybe I'm wrong. YOu know your source code better than i do ;-)

Again, thx!

PostPosted: 10. Aug 2017, 16:13 
Site Admin

The 2 files where created before my optimization. I already fixed this on my local build that this is done again.

The time looks o.k. at it has 10 digits. The missing char I had once for a server where the time had 11 chars. I check the code if there is still a dependency...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 10. Aug 2017, 19:17 
Site Admin

How have you set:

$sort_albums = true;
$sort_albums_ascending = true;
$sort_album_by_date=false;

??

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Aug 2017, 15:21 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
How have you set:

$sort_albums = true;

??

Best, Michael

Not variable in row 1, but rows 2+3 were set, year.
$sort_albums was not set explicitly.

PostPosted: 11. Aug 2017, 17:21 
Site Admin

to which values have YOU set it?

PostPosted: 11. Aug 2017, 17:32 

I had set them (var 2+3) exactly like you did, so

PostPosted: 11. Aug 2017, 23:38 
Site Admin

I cannot reproduce this on any of my systems. I think maybe some additional debugging on your server is needed.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 13. Aug 2017, 21:31 
Site Admin

Wait - you only talk about the error message?

I do cut of the whole path to make messages shorter!
So this is no error at all!

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 14. Aug 2017, 08:13 

Hi Michael,

like i said earlier - the solution IMHO is the creation of the 2 files you mentioned earlier, and after that all my errors were gone. When in one of the new releases these are included, i think the error would not pop up at others, either...

have a great week!

PostPosted: 14. Aug 2017, 12:39 
Site Admin

:).