Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 11:56

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27. Apr 2016, 15:50 

Well, as we know, Windows IIS does not run PHP files so I had to install PHP 7 on my server by using the binaries here: http://windows.php.net/download#php-7.0

I then extracted the TWG V2.4 files to the PhotoAlbums subfolder and I get the following when I run INFO.PHP:

- Rotate available Test failed - Check cache dir
cache/ Unwriteable
counter/ Unwriteable
xml/ Unwriteable
An image has to be shown below. If not, images cannot be
loaded properly! Please check the debug file for more details!
Error loading image

Display Errors: ON: OFF

I edited the permissions on the folders & files below for the "ServerName\Users" group to "Modify":

* Directory 'cache', 'counter', 'xml'
* Files my_config.php, my_style.css and admin/_config/.htusers.php

Now I get the following results:

cache/ Writeable
counter/ Writeable
xml/ Writeable
An image has to be shown below. If not, images cannot be
loaded properly! Please check the debug file for more details!
Error loading image

I get a blank page when I load the info.php file. When I click one of the galleries, I get the following:

Quote:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\inc\parserequest.inc.php:62 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\index.php(78): include() #1 {main} thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\inc\parserequest.inc.php on line 62

So, I'm not sure what I need to do next to get this to work?

===EDIT===

I cleaned up the post as it looked all jumbled up so anyone who reads it in the future doesn't think I'm in grade 3.

Attachments:
MainPage.png
MainPage.png [ 88.4 KiB | Viewed 3565 times ]

Last edited by JDMils on 29. Apr 2016, 14:07, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 27. Apr 2016, 16:30 
Site Admin

TWG 2.3 is not php 7 ready.

You need to use TWG 2.4 from the forum. But there is a bug I will fix tonight with a missing function.
So you can try this version but you need to patch this than tomorrow.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 27. Apr 2016, 16:58 
Site Admin

2.4 is updated. You can use it now.

PostPosted: 28. Apr 2016, 04:30 

Main page is good. You can view it at http://www.jdmils.com/PhotoAlbums. However, when you click an album, you get the following error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\inc\parserequest.inc.php:62 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\index.php(78): include() #1 {main} thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\inc\parserequest.inc.php on line 62

I think this command is no longer available in PHP 7?

Strangely, http://www.jdmils.com/phpinfo.php works OK but this does not: http://www.jdmils.com/PhotoAlbums/info.php => Shows a blank page- probably a coding issue?

Also getting this similar error when clicking the "Simple View" menu item in the admin console:

Quote:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function eregi() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\admin\_include\fun_extra.php:241 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\admin\_include\fun_list.php(256): get_mime_type('', 'ajax.php', 'img') #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\admin\_include\fun_list.php(699): print_table('', Array, true) #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\admin\index.php(251): list_dir('') #3 {main} thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JDMils\PhotoAlbums\admin\_include\fun_extra.php on line 241

PostPosted: 28. Apr 2016, 09:24 
Site Admin

There are still some places where old stuff is called. especially with external libs i do include.

So it seems there are still some places where I have to change some code :).

I'll check tonight.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 28. Apr 2016, 23:27 
Site Admin

Hi,

I have checked an the quixexplorer i have added in the backend is not at all php 7 compatible.

so it will for sure take a few days until this is done...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 29. Apr 2016, 02:25 

Thanks Michael, appreciate the effort! :wink:

PostPosted: 1. May 2016, 23:12 
Site Admin

I have updated the download of TWG 2.4. For me it looks fine now when using php 7. But please also test with your install as you have different data also ;).

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 2. May 2016, 03:36 

I tested the new version- very nice and works well. I have the following notes:

Issues:
* Cannot get info.php to show- IE says "The website cannot display the page" and FF shows a blank white page.
* When clicking on the "Holiday Pictures" album, the thumbnails (at the top of the page) do not show- only image placeholders. Clicking these thumbs in IE takes a LONG time to display the respective image. FF doesn't load any images. Is this my web server doing that?
* In the "Mp3 brain-on-a-stick" album, 5 thumbs show at the bottom of the page, but only thumb 3 & 4 plays the the respective MP3 file?
-- In both IE & FF, only thumbs 3 & 4 show. The other are just image placeholders.
-- It seems that using IE I have to double-click the icons to get them all to play or choose right-click & "Open Link"? In FF, the click thumb function works good and MP3 files play instantly.

Overall:
* Main page looks good.
* All albums load OK (except for thumbs). Password-protected albums are accessible.
* Individual image rotation works well.

Nice To Haves:
* Can we display EXIF information about each photo?
* Each photo album has the images in the same folder as the PHP files. Can we have the images moved to a subfolder called, say "Images"? :)

IE version: 10.0.9200.17267
FF version: 46

* Performed "Installation Check" and all options are OK. Embedded image in "Directory and File Permissions" section shows OK. "Display Errors" is OFF.

My test site: http://www.jdmils.com/PhotoAlbums

PostPosted: 2. May 2016, 21:06 
Site Admin

Hi,

this all seems more an encoding issue than a php 7 issue.

Please see:
web-photo-gallery-support-f1/howto-run-twg-and-tfu-on-windows-iis-web-server-t2295.html

also you can avoid encoding issues in the cache by setting:
$use_cache_hash=true;

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 3. May 2016, 14:48 

I think "$use_cache_hash=true;" fixed the issue!