Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 26. Apr 2024, 06:21

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 8. Apr 2008, 04:46 

I purchased the standard edition joomla flash uploader. I have joomla 1.52, and php 5.25 I believe. All the time I was building the site, the flash uploader worked fine for me. Suddenly I went live today, and the thing just keeps throwing random problems at random people. The error people keep getting is some I/O error. It happens when they click "upload files",

I didn't believe them, and went and tried it myself. It did the same thing to me, when I added files and then clicked Upload files, it sat there for a few seconds, and then said I/O error. I go back 15 minutes later, try it again, and magically the error disappears. I changed nothing, why is it doing this?

Any idea why this upload system act so strangely? One second it doesn't work, I change absolutely nothing, go back, and it suddenly works? Makes no sense. I'm also confused as to why it keeps throwing these errors at random people. Most of the people can upload correctly, but there are those that no matter what they do, they constantly get an IO error. These people are all using IE7.0 or higher, new flash, everything, because I have another site for users with old browsers.

Any suggestions? If it keeps doing this I have to throw it out and count my losses. I have to have an upload system that works for 100% of the people, well at least 99%. The way it's working now, with throwing random people these I/O errors, just won't be sufficient enough for my website. It's really getting people upset at me because I can't figure it out either :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Apr 2008, 09:06 
Site Admin

The server you are on now is a different one you where building?

IO errors are normally timeout problems!
The random factor you have is then the upload speed and size of images the users have - and this varies of course!

Can you check set settings of:

* max_input_time
* max_execution_time
* default_socket_timeout

/Michael

Post subject: timeout
PostPosted: 17. May 2008, 06:20 

Yeah it's a timeout error, because the upload system refuses to allow certain people to upload files. It only works 90% of the time I'd say, and the other 10% always complain to me about it with messages like these:

Quote:
Yeah, we got the message. Thanks for responding so quickly, we've really been running around like crazy for this show so I apologize for the lack of activity. We've actually been trying to upload our material and all the art went up OK but the songs have been stalling out with what the uploader calls an "undefined I/O" problem. I don't know if it's on my end or what but we were going to upload the stuff and order one sample disc to see how the process goes before we went for the gusto. I would appreciate any help with the uploading you can give and we'll keep the ball rolling.

I'm going to follow what you've said, i've made all execution times 7200 which should be well enough, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by TTHLabel on 17. May 2008, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Still doesn't work
PostPosted: 17. May 2008, 06:49 

I told the customer to sign in again, create a different directory, and try again:

Quote:
Tried it again with the same result. I'm trying to use .wav files to minimize the fidelity loss. It would probably work for mp3s but I would really like to get the .wavs to go through.

PostPosted: 18. May 2008, 01:39 

Quote:
Still having the problem. I'll try it from a different isp and see what happens.

-Aaron

See, I feel that this something on the users end that is causing it, but then again, why did it allow this guy to upload 5 files, and then on matter when he signs on, it gives him an i/o value. These are my PHP Settings, set rediculously high so that it wouldn't be a factor:

PHP upload limit (in KB): 204800
PHP memory limit (in KB): 204800
Max. resize resolution: ~ 6826 x 5126
PHP max input time: 7200 s
PHP max execution time: 7200 s

It only does it in very random instances, but like with this guy, it doesn't function correctly for certain people, it allowed this guy to upload 5 files, then when he tries and upload a wave file, it blocks him

I'm using the latest version of my sql, and php 5.2.6

This did the same thing on a previous version of my sql, and any version of php, as this problem occured from day 1. There just wasn't enough instances of it for me to come back and post. Now suddenly, without changing anything, more and more people are getting these errors. I'm on a VPS, so I control what settings are made, and nothing has changed....

Post subject: I/O not in error.log
PostPosted: 18. May 2008, 01:51 

This is my error log
[17-Apr-2008 04:13:31] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[17-Apr-2008 04:16:15] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[04-May-2008 19:47:49] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[04-May-2008 19:51:44] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[05-May-2008 05:53:35] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[13-May-2008 07:05:14] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[13-May-2008 07:05:15] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[13-May-2008 15:47:58] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

These mean nothing, and are times when I rebooted the server probably. A bit more than a month apart too, there are no I/O errors contained here, as the I/O errors were happening on a different day.

Just wanted to add the error.log incase you wanted it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. May 2008, 18:02 
Site Admin

So what's the problem now? wav files fail with an I/O error?

/Michael