Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:29

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27. Jan 2018, 03:33 

I need help with step-by-step instructions how to use this plugin.
There is no video tutorial yet. - Only 1 for installation.
#1 Instruction - how to make 100% height for iframe that is not on the same domain.
#2. Instruction - how to add Lazy loader. If I use another third party Lazy loader plugin? do I need to activate this option?
#3 Instruction - how to show iframe without header and footer.
Samples don't work - I need to understand the process: what to do first, second and so on.
Thank you!

PostPosted: 27. Jan 2018, 10:31 
Site Admin

Him

right. There is a video for the quick start guide. I hope you have read/watched it and you understand what this mean.

1. You have to be more specific. 100% of the browser (this would be 100 vh in the height setting - This is also described there!) or 100% of the content. Which is not possible in your case as you are not on the same domain (Or can you use the external workaround? See quick start guide).
Also see http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-features-availability-overview

2. See the lazy load demo: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/lazy-loading
and in the administration: Advanced tab -> Lazy load. I recommend not to use a different lazy loading script because it is possible that they break the plugin as this scripts also modify the html!

3. If you don't have access you need to use
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/show-only-a-part-of-the-iframe
Advanced tab -> Show only a part of an iframe. There is also an area selector you can use. If you can use the external workaround (adding js to the page IN the iframe) you can really hide this.

All samples do work. But you have to understand which you can use on the same and which on a remote domain. This is why the quickstart guide does exist. So you are right. Please try to understand first what are the restrictions of your setup. Then you understand why a certain solution is needed.
Depending on the solution you need basic html/css knowhow.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 28. Jan 2018, 02:46 

Thanks for answer.
Just to clarify.
If I enabled Lazy load in settings I am fine, correct? Nothing to worry about?
Thank you!

PostPosted: 28. Jan 2018, 20:54 
Site Admin

Depends!

shortcodes always overwrite the settings in the administration. And also if you set use_shortcode_attributes_only="true" the administration is ignored!

So if you set use_shortcode_attributes_only="true" in the shortcode you need to set enable_lazy_load="true" also in the shortcode.

Easiest way is to use the shortcode generator on the basic tab. This generate a shortcode with all settings. And then you don't have to worry if you set something different in the administration which would otherwise break other iframes.
So if you have many shortcodes with the same settings is best not to use use_shortcode_attributes_only. Otherwise I strongly recommend to do this as nothing is worse that changing a setting does break other iframe configurations.

Best, Michael