Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 12:49

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Presales question
PostPosted: 8. Jul 2015, 14:41 

Hi,

Is it possible to use the Advanced iFrame plugin just to "hide" links? Meaning, on a page or post I want to link to other pages/posts on my site but I don't want to bleed the link juice of that page/post. I don't want to use no-follow and, as I understand it, the best solution is an iFrame.

So, with this plugin, do the site visitors see the links but the search engines do not?

And, can I use this plugin to create an iFrame that does not have a box/scroll bar? I want my site visitors to see the links and thumbnails but no box around them.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks so much,
Bernadette

Post subject: Re: Presales question
PostPosted: 8. Jul 2015, 19:36 
Site Admin

So you want each link inside a iframe?

Currently you cannot disabled the iframe for spiders. The iframe has a browser detection but the spider detection is not implemented.

And yes. you can hide borders/scrollbars.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 9. Jul 2015, 02:44 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me on this!

I want a bunch of links inside the iFrame. And, I do NOT want the spiders to know the links are there. Is this possible with your plugin?

Regards,
Bernadette

PostPosted: 9. Jul 2015, 09:02 
Site Admin

Please read my last post again. Browserdetection is not for spiders. You can define it for all major browsers and mobile devices. But then you would not show the links for not major browsers also.

I just checked the browser info file. The info if it is a crawler would be there. I would have to extend the detection to read this...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 10. Jul 2015, 05:32 

Hi Michael,

Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area. I still am not understanding so allow me, please, to ask the question this way...

If I have 10 links inside an iFrame that I make with your plugin, will the search engine spiders see the links? Yes or No? Will my site visitors be able to see the links and click on them?

Thanks,
Bernadette

PostPosted: 11. Jul 2015, 00:33 
Site Admin

Yes. Spiders and Visitors will see the link.

I actually have extended the browser detection which can detect spiders. But for this than the full browser detection file (33 MB) instead the lite (222kb) version is needed. See http://browscap.org/

There you could hide the links for spiders but you would have the overhead of reading 33 MB for browser detection instead of 222k.

I don't know why you don't use the standard "no-follow"? Where do you have the information that iframes are better than no-follow links?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 11. Jul 2015, 15:42 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info.

I took an SEO class with Bruce Clay. In the class we learned about Siloing. The idea is that each theme/silo should only link to itself but for my UX, each article on my site needs to link outside its own theme so I need to "hide" those links. Doing so keeps the link juice in the silo.

There was a big discussion about no-follow vs iframe, etc. It was suggested that perhaps having many no-follow could hurt my SEO efforts in the future based on Google algos. The Clay company did not tell me "not" to use no-follows but they did say iframes might be a better choice.

So, I found your amazing plugin and am trying to figure out if it would work for my needs.

Sure appreciate your time.
Bernadette

PostPosted: 12. Jul 2015, 22:10 
Site Admin

O.K. nice infos ;).

But in your discussion you said no-follow vs. iframe.
Here we talk about generating not the links at all!

I have a feature called "Include code directly". Together with the extension of the browser detection you could remove the links for spiders completely. Not even an iframe would be there than.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 13. Jul 2015, 06:00 

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking all this time talking with me.

Your solution sounds awesome except I really don't understand about the browser extensions? Would it be too much trouble to give me "instructions"?

1: Buy your plugin.
2: Load/Activate
3: ...
4: ...

I completely understand if you don't want to take the time to explain this to a non-coder.

Thanks again,
Bernadette

PostPosted: 13. Jul 2015, 09:26 
Site Admin

Hi. Please contact me by mail: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/about.php
as I also offer paid support. I could make you one working example and than you can do it the same way.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 13. Jul 2015, 14:31 

OMG! Awesome! Thank you so very much! Emailed you just now!
Bernadette