Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 00:30

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2. Dec 2014, 13:19 

I cannot seem to make the iframe resize, even when adding the javascript line to the external page on the external domain.

Does anyone have a simple 1, 2, 3 like set of instructions for displaying content on an external domain in an iframe that resizes when the content of the iframe changes?

The page that I want to show is an aspx page and its content is centered and down slightly on the external page (maybe 25 pixels from the top of the external page).

The content of the page will change the page height of the external page as the user clicks on tabs and links within the external page that I want to show in the iframe.

Currently I have only been able to get the external page to show within the iframe by using shortcode variables that should be used only for pages on the same domain. But, if I remove these variables, the right 10px or so of the page in the iframe is cut off.

At no point have I successfully been able to get the iframe pro plugin to resize according to the size of the external page.

PostPosted: 2. Dec 2014, 14:06 
Site Admin

The simple instructions are actually in the plugin.

1. Include the line
<script src="http://yourdomian.../wp-content/plugins/advanced-iframe/js/ai_external.js"></script>
into the external page.
2. Set "Enable the height workaround" to true;
3. Save the settings and refresh the browser cache.

But you write that the right 10 px are cut off. The iframe only adjusts the HEIGHT! Not the width!
So maybe you iframe is simply to wide! If you can fix this with settings for the same domain be sure that this is really true. Because some settings are stored in the external workaround file and do work there too!

You can post or pm a link if you like.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 3. Dec 2014, 11:50 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
The simple instructions are actually in the plugin.

1. Include the line
<script src="http://yourdomian.../wp-content/plugins/advanced-iframe/js/ai_external.js"></script>
into the external page.
2. Set "Enable the height workaround" to true;
3. Save the settings and refresh the browser cache.

But you write that the right 10 px are cut off. The iframe only adjusts the HEIGHT! Not the width!
So maybe you iframe is simply to wide! If you can fix this with settings for the same domain be sure that this is really true. Because some settings are stored in the external workaround file and do work there too!

You can post or pm a link if you like.

Best, Michael

Since I've screwed around with the settings so much, is there a way to reset the settings? Will the other settings that I may have changed show up in the external js file?

When I click the button the generate a shortcode I get this...

Code:
[advanced_iframe securitykey="4...hidden...2" use_shortcode_attributes_only="true" src="http://www.mysitename.com/search-vacation-rentals/" width="950px" height="1500px" scrolling="none" id="advanced_iframe" show_part_of_iframe="true" show_part_of_iframe_x="10" show_part_of_iframe_y="325" show_part_of_iframe_width="956" show_part_of_iframe_height="1515" enable_external_height_workaround="true" ]

I don't think that the show_part_* settings can be used with external domain resizing. So, how do I make sure that the generated shortcode does not have anything that that it should not?

PostPosted: 3. Dec 2014, 12:18 
Site Admin

Only remove

id="advanced_iframe" show_part_of_iframe="true" show_part_of_iframe_x="10" show_part_of_iframe_y="325" show_part_of_iframe_width="956" show_part_of_iframe_height="1515"

or simply select no at show part of the iframe.

If this is your shortcode you don't have any special settings in your external_ai.js.

So you first should than look that the auto height does work.
Start e.g. with height="300px".
than you see quickly if the height is resized.

If your iframe is than still too wide you can either make your iframe wider or you can modify css through the external workaround (e.g. change some margins).

But you mentioned something good. It is hard to find out which settings are all saved also to the external workaround file! Like the settings for modifying the css in the iframe. I have written this in the documentation but even for me it is hard to tell right away. I think I will make a special icon at this settings to make it easier.
I also plan to make an icon if there is an example available for a feature.

I your case "Modify the content of the iframe if the iframe page is on the same domain" can also be used as they work in the pro version also on external workaround....

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 4. Dec 2014, 06:32 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
?

I decided to PM you the login info for the site instead of posting it in the forums. I did not see a way for us to delete a forum post after we had posted it (as I had done before thinking better of posting the login details to the open forum) so I replaced the text with a "d" for "deleted".

PostPosted: 4. Dec 2014, 10:59 
Site Admin

Its better not to post any passwords here ;).