Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 17:47

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28. Aug 2006, 19:47 

Hi, there!

Great program (until yesterday, when it crashed - :oops: ) - so I have tried to download version 1.5 - but the ZIP file seems to be incomplete!

It doesn't contain the directories 'cache', 'counter' and 'xml', (and maybe even more) to which you're referring in the "Installation and Configuration" file, where it says to set them to (chmod 777)...

My installed version 1.4 stopped working yesterday, error logs shows
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:55 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:54 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:53 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:53 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:52 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: createcachedirs() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 1402
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 915
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 914
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/counter/_mydebug.out) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 913
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 915
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 914
[Mon Aug 28 13:07:48 2006] [error] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/counter/_mydebug.out) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg15/inc/filefunctions.inc.php on line 913
[Mon Aug 28 13:05:36 2006] [Mon Aug 28 12:30:55 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 371
[Mon Aug 28 11:55:25 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 371
[Mon Aug 28 11:50:43 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 371
[Mon Aug 28 11:49:59 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 371

The error PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 371 showed previously either line 57 or line 168 in the same script!

As you can see: I need some HELP :?

The program had been running fine since I installed it in late March... I had hoped a new install would solve the current problem (which I assume is a corrupted database), and since I read about a security thread with older versions, I thought I might give it a try with 1.5

Additional question: how do I set the script to use images outside the TWG directory? Currently all my images are stored inside the TWG directory, which makes new installations impractical and time consuming (so far we have over 1,300 photos online...).

As we are travelling, and are currently in the Yukon (with little or no facilities) it might take me a while until I get back on-line...

From the cold north, hitting the "Dempster Highway" to the Arctic Circle right now -

Juergen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Sep 2006, 18:15 
Site Admin

Hi,

Seem's like a mixture of 1.4 and 1.5. try a nice install in a clean directory!
maybe you have downloaded the installer - this does not have this files! You have to use the installer script to install twg then!

imagecreatefromjpeg is bad - means that the php gd lib ist not installed properly! seems someone has changed the php installation - maybe someone has updated something not properly!

Outside - easy - use ../pictures as basedir.

but normaly an update is very easy! only keep your pictures folder and your configuration files - copy them back in the twg dir after update - done!

/michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Sep 2006, 16:49 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Hi,

Seem's like a mixture of 1.4 and 1.5. try a nice install in a clean directory!
maybe you have downloaded the installer - this does not have this files! You have to use the installer script to install twg then!

I was well aware that I had tried a second clean install in a new directory called /twg15 (the previous install is in /twg) - I wanted to get 1.5 running before I deleted the previously working version!

And NO: I downloaded the ZIP file (as mentioned in the header!) - on the 28th of August at 9:00; the file seems to be from the 18th of August...
I had mentioned some of the missing directories in my initial posting!

TinyWebGallery wrote:
imagecreatefromjpeg is bad - means that the php gd lib ist not installed properly! seems someone has changed the php installation - maybe someone has updated something not properly!

My server was down the week before - - - for well over 24 hours... Maybe something went wrong then, or the host moved the site onto a different machine. I will try to find out...

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Outside - easy - use ../pictures as basedir.

DOOH - too easy!
Being on the road I never seem to get enough internet time to really go into depth of things...

TinyWebGallery wrote:
but normaly an update is very easy! only keep your pictures folder and your configuration files - copy them back in the twg dir after update - done!

/michael

Which directories contain the configuration files?
Which could be affected by any configuration?

Thanks - unfortunately problems aren't solved by this... Images are still not showing!

Juergen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Sep 2006, 01:37 
Site Admin

Hi,

First you should update to 1.5.1 - security update!

If you still have problems with this version - let me know.

I have a howto about updating TWG - There all files are listed that belong to the config.

You can check the info.php - it tells you about sone things tha are maybe missing!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Sep 2006, 03:06 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
First you should update to 1.5.1 - security update!

That's part of the problem: the zip file for 1.5.1, which I downloaded, is NOT complete!!

Back to square one... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Sep 2006, 03:12 

I've received a reply from my host, and they can't find anything wrong with the php install - the php info shows:

Code:
 PHP version >= 4.3.0      Yes (4.4.4)
  - XML support    Available
  - GD lib support    Available
  - GD lib >= 2.0.1    Yes (2.0.28)
  - Memory limit    Memory limit not detected
  - Rotate available    Available
  - Text watermark    Unavailable (imagettftext not found)
  - Remote jpg support    Available
  - File uploads    Available
  - Upload max filesize                2M - Resize images > 2M
Session    Available
Javascript    Available

What's that problem with imagettftext not found ?
this is also appearing in my error logs:
[Wed Sep 6 20:38:22 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagettftext() in /home/dare2go/public_html/twg/inc/imagefunctions.inc.php on line 201

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Sep 2006, 09:03 
Site Admin

I have sent you 1.5.1 to your email - how web.de accepts 2.5 mb mails ;).

this error means that the function is not availalble - mean the module needed for that is not available in TWG.

You have to disable the watermark with text (only use image) if you have activated it!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Sep 2006, 09:06 
Site Admin

maybe you have a zip software that does not create empty directories!

then you have to create the xml, cache and counter folder manually.

/Michael