Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 03:59

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrong aspect ratio
PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 02:25 

I have a flash video that I converted from .mov format. The size is 640x360 but the flash player included with TWG plays it at the wrong aspect ratio - at 4:3, which makes it all squished with black bars on each side. I checked the flash video and it plays correctly in Adobe Flash player and in Quicktime. Furthermore, the jpg thumbnail/preview TWG grabs is at the correct aspect ratio and with no distiotion - TWG just doesn't play it at the correct ration. And yes the dimensions are set as 640x360 in video.php.

And wanted to add: the slider in the player isn't working either. It simply isn't there and neither is the indicator showing how much of the video has been downloaded. Seems like some sort of config issue. I have other videos that are native 4:3 and they are working fine.

Post subject: Re: Wrong aspect ratio
PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 10:54 
Site Admin

I have set overstretch=true in the config.

open inc/videostreaming.inc.phh and search for "overstretch".
Remove this line and retry.
Make sure that you video is the first one loaded! Other videos are exchanged dynamically with a different code.

Let me know if it is better then.

Controls should be normally available - see http://www.tinywebgallery.com/demo/inde ... Brahma.jpg

- Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 17:12 

There are actually two places in that file where "overstretch" appears. Removing both lines caused the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in <web_path>\photos\inc\videostreaming.inc.php on line 217

Removing just the first didn't make any difference.

I'm giving you a couple of screenshots. The first shows the video when I first open the folder. The 'play' icon is showing and the image is shown at the correct aspect ratio. The second was taken immediately after hitting 'play'. The image has jumped to a 4:3 ratio and you can see the slider and upload indicator are missing.

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 17:19 
Site Admin

if you have FLV in the video.php then it is the first one.
Just remove the whole line.

- Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 17:58 

Like I said, removing ONLY the first line didn't make any difference. Unless there is something more I need to be doing, this solution isn't working for me.

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 18:10 
Site Admin

seems your flv is not detected properly because it hat not time either.

Here you find the possible parameters:
http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw ... p-wizard-4

- Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 18:12 
Site Admin

But is seems the overstrech parameter was removed. How big is your file? Can you send me a link to download it?

- Michael

PostPosted: 4. Nov 2010, 18:31 

PM sent with download link.

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 09:01 

Any update on this? I am waiting to bring a site online; this is the last issue that needs to be addressed. Thanks!

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 11:36 
Site Admin

seems the jw player has problems with your flv. I have testet the latest version and there this is also the case.

I have added

so.addVariable("stretching", "fill");

as parameter an then the video is displayed correctly.
You can do this as well.

I'll add this as parameter for the next build.
But the slider still does not work because the length of the movie cannot be detected. You should try to reencode the flv.

- Michael

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 21:28 

Unfortunately this has not solved the problem. It has filled out the horizontal dimension (no more black bars left and right) but it is still displayed at the wrong aspect ratio.

From this pair of screenshots you can see the problem - the image above is the view before playing (correct thumbnail that TWG provides extracted from the flv) while the image below is taken during playback, and quite clearly is the wrong aspect ratio (with the top and bottom cut off).

I have tested the flv with VLC player, Realplayer, Adobe Media Player, and QuickTime Player, and ALL play the file correctly with the correct aspect ratio. Plus I have tried multiple encodings, at different settings, using ffmpegX, with no difference - the problem with the TWG gallery player remains.

Update: The only thing I can think of that is "strange" about the FLVs I am having this issue with is that they were all generated from the same source MOV file by using QuickTIme Pro to cut the MOV file into chunks, before converting to FLV. Perhaps that has something to do with some players being unable to read the length (Flash Player and Real Player also have this issue, though QuickTime Player and VLC Player do not) though it seems to be a separate issue from the aspect ratio problem.

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 22:24 

I think I'm going to try and host these as QuickTime movies rather than Flash videos, that will probably work better, since .mov is their original format.

PostPosted: 5. Nov 2010, 22:53 
Site Admin

I just tested on my install and if I use

stretching = fill

you have to add the height of the controls.

I use the JW player in TWG. So it's a problem of this player which is normally pretty good.

- Michael

PostPosted: 6. Nov 2010, 08:54 

OK, I will try it again. In the meantime, I had a lot of problems with Quicktime because the original filesizes are too large (80-140MB as you saw) but no matter how I try and re-endcode them with Quicktime Pro I get files sizes LARGER than the original unless I go to ridiculously low quality settings.

PostPosted: 6. Nov 2010, 09:58 
Site Admin

But you maybe post your problem in the jw player forum. Because I think the player cannot handle your file correctly.

- Michael