Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 24. Apr 2024, 12:46

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18. Mar 2006, 03:44 

Hi,

First of all, the gallery is great! It is fully functional. However, I have one problem.

In Firefox, there is no problem. In Internet Explorer, whenever I am looking at a picture and I try to click one of the links in the top right corner (like Info, Comments, Search, etc) it sizes very weird and is much larger than the screen. It makes it difficult to even use these features.

Thanks!

-Da3vid-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Mar 2006, 08:04 
Site Admin

hi,
you are using the gallery as php include?

1. have you set php_include to true in the config?
2. php include should only be used if the layout around is quite simple because twg has to determine the positions of the iframes dynamically!

ie has lots of problems when measuring positions when a lot of tables are around. therefore the php_include has to be set to true!

or are you are using header and footer.htm?
These two files are included in the body area of TWG - therefore they shouldn't contain <html><head> .... stuff!

you have 244 warnings by my html checker on your page - TWG has none by default.

I don't know how your include works because when I click on new window I still get your frame ....

/Michael

Post subject: Well..
PostPosted: 18. Mar 2006, 10:22 

Well, I just set this up and I have experience with HTML (I used to be a webmaster a long time ago) but a lot of the css, php and other things I'm just a tinkerer with. I edited my template so that the TWG window would be displayed inside the central table of my template. Apparently, this made IE go crazy with the window sizings, but it works fine in other browsers.

A lot of my stuff is done like, "Hmm, this doesn't look quite right. Lets change... this tag. Nope, no good, put it back. Change this value. Oh man, thats horrible, lets do this... ah, thats good!" but I do a lot of testing and this is the only problem I've found so far with my site. Its just a cosmetic problem and it doesn't come up often, so I'm okay with it, but it is kind of frustrating.

I tried changing the include values to accomodate this, but that didn't work. I tried different combinations of lots of those values to no avail. I do have an html <head> tag on the page.

Is there anyway to set it so that it comes up with a base size instead of letting the browser trying to size it itself?

Thanks for your help btw!

-Da3vid-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Mar 2006, 16:31 
Site Admin

Hi,

you can do 2 things.

1. set $disable_frame_adjustment_ie to true!
then the iframe are not optimized (size and location!)

if this still does not work - include the gallery with an iframe!

if you use php_include = true then things like <head> .. body ... are not generated by TWG.

I have uploaded a new version of twg 1.4.0.3 where some thing for the include with php include are fixed - but this where problems totaly different from yours!

about the size - if you use tables or iframes with a fixed size then the gallery will come with this size of course - if you like that your browser has a specific size you have tu use Javascript!

Hope this helps,

/Michael