Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 26. Apr 2024, 21:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Access control
PostPosted: 4. Sep 2009, 17:16 

Hi,

I have a similar problem and I hope you can point me in the right direction, as I have read half the forum in my search for a solution :-)

In my_config.php I have set the following:

$user_login_mode=true;
$user_login_mode_hide_gal=true;

My_config.php and config.php are both located in the root of TWG, that is next to the folders admin, buttons, cache, etc...

In my pictures folder I have 10 folders, each with pictures from different people. I want to be able to let each person access folders as defined by me.

For example I want to let person A and B access folder 1 and only let person A access folder B.

It is my understanding that I should make a private.txt in folder 1 with "A,B" and another in folder 2 with the text "A".

Is that right? As you have guessed, it doesn't work.

I am not prompted for a password when I enter the gallery and that does not change even If I adjust my private.txt files with different names or even let them be empty.

The only thing, that makes a difference, is if I make a .htprivate file with the information I described above. Then it all works as expected.

Do you have any idea why?

Thanks in advance,

Abbe

Post subject:
PostPosted: 5. Sep 2009, 17:17 
Site Admin

the name of the "private.txt" can be confiured and it seems you have changed this to .htprivate.

.htprivate is acutally my recommended choice but I don't use it because on e.g. mac users don't see this files and are confused then.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Jul 2010, 00:05 

Hello.
I'm a newby here. I was searching a huge part of this forum but I'm still not capable to managed encripted paswords:
My TWG v1.8.1 environment running on apache server on Windows: I have configured in my_config.php
Code:
$user_login_mode=true;
$user_login_mode_hide_gal=true;

for my two private folders. I also have three users: user1, user2 and user3.
user1 is also an administrator.
I want that user2 can see just its own folder and user3 its own folder.
I also want that user1 can to see both folders.
So I put in private.txt in first folder 'user1,user2' and in second folder 'user1,user3'. This works just fine without password encription enabled.
Then I want that passwords have to be encripted. So I prepared them using TWG password utility on an admin page and put them in a private.txt file separated by comma like described in HowTo#12.
And now, nobody can login to one of those folders.
What I'm doing wrong? Do I still need users in private.txt instead of passwords?

Thanks in advance for answer.

Best regards
Andreo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Jul 2010, 00:27 
Site Admin

if you use user login mode you don't have to turn on encryption because you only store the user names in private.txt.
The password of the users are encrypted by default.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. Jul 2010, 13:18 

Thank you for replay. This information I missed in a documentation.
Best regards.
Andreo