Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 25. Apr 2024, 18:27

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 7. Apr 2007, 20:32 

I have set variable $sort_images_ascending = false;$sort_by_date = true; in my_config.php (in TWG root).

Now I would like in one album $sort_images_ascending = true so I have created new file config.php in this album's directory with content <?php
$sort_images_ascending = true;
?>

On my localhost (Apache) it works (so different sorting in different albums according to local config.php) but on 2 freehostings webservers not. I have cleaned all 3 caches (picture,rotate,session) in admin section but it won't work.

Can anybody help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2007, 20:56 
Site Admin

Only problem I can think of is that after uploading the pictures to the freehoster that the filedates are different than on your local server.

The setup you did seems fine to me.

/Michael

PostPosted: 8. Apr 2007, 22:29 

It is dependen on variable $cache_dirs

If $cache_dirs = true; than local configuration in albums in file config.php works NOT even if it is showed correct before. When I turn this variable on, It doesnt matter what's in local config.php files. It is simple ignored (why????)

But if $cache_dirs = false; Sorting works according to local config.php files, so this is fine. However when I change this variable to true, it works no more. Only my_config.php is read and local config.php files not.

So is caching of directories so important for me or is this error (bug) and will be corrected? Thanks for answer I hope I helped a bit.

PS:
I haven't mentioned that I am using sorting accordint to EXIF but It probably doesnt matter ($sort_by_date = true;)
In one album there is $sort_images_ascending = false; and in the other one $sort_images_ascending = true;

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. Apr 2007, 23:08 
Site Admin

which version are you using?
how many images?

The caching is the reason - because caching does not handle individual config's - i test this if caching can handle this.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Apr 2007, 11:55 

I am using TWG 1.5.5 - There are 39 and 13 images (not too much) in my gallery. Average image size is 300 kB and resolution of 0,33 MP.

When you add support of local config files in cached version I would appreciated very much (only because of ugly warning in not cached version :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Apr 2007, 18:38 
Site Admin

Hi,

I checked and do now know why this happens - If you are in a folder I read the underlying folder because I display the folder images.
At this time I have loaded the config from this folder. When cache is on the content of the underlying folder is cached too - but processed with the config of the current folder.
If cache is off the config of the underlying folder is read again if you go to this folder and eyerything is working fine.

I will try to find a workaround for this in 1.6.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 9. Apr 2007, 22:00 
Site Admin

all right - now it works in 1.6 rc3 you find in the forum - just updated the download.

/Michael