Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 18. Apr 2024, 02:22

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Resetting top x?
PostPosted: 21. Jan 2008, 19:42 

is there a way to do this without completely erasing all the .xml files?

the top x aren't showing in my top level categories, but are showing in more bottom level categories, is there a way to get around it? Or should I just persevere up until the new gallery is out of RC's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. Jan 2008, 10:27 
Site Admin

no - I think the problem is that you have simply too many data to process.

1.7 does this in the background once. But I still don't know if this really helps in your case - because if they don't show up at all then the time to process is not enough.

you you get error messages about the maximum execution time somewhere?

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. Jan 2008, 18:10 

I have before, but not in this instance, no.

It will just load and load, then nothing. I'm thinking that the problem lies with the .xml still storing the information for a file that has since been renamed/removed off of the server with an ampersand (&) still in the file name.

Because top x has always worked, and I think that if I were to lower the top x enough I could get it to work (since it would be low enough that the top x would not trigger looking for the file with the corrupted name)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. Jan 2008, 18:21 
Site Admin

filenames are stored encoded in the xml. Therefore I don't think so.

if you have a filename like:
!@#$%&.jpg

I store this urlenoded:
%21%40%23%24%25%26.jpg

And I do check every time in an xml if the file still exists - therefore this should not be a problem either ...

But a good idea would be to clean up xml's sometimes... Removing entries that do not exist anymore. But I don't want to do this automatically because if you e.g. only move something the the data is lost right away ...
But I have to add this function with the "construction site". (You can e.g. disable the gallery then if you e.g. want to change something and you don't want that anyone accesses the gallery meantime - it's on my todo for 1.8).

/Michael