Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 23. Apr 2024, 22:31

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems with comments
PostPosted: 13. Nov 2007, 15:55 

Hi Michael,

today I updated manually (as you described in the faq) to the latest version of your script. My gallery is included in a php-construct which I set to utf-8 (from iso-8859-1, changed today). All old comments are backed up (I emptied the xml-folder and deleted the session cache and the browser cache).
(I uploaded all xml-files back because many visitors take notice of the counter).

If I enter a new comment, all german umlauts aren't shown properly. Browser encodings are set to "standard". If I change manually to utf-8 the umlauts are shown properly.
If I look at the page source the charset is set to utf-8.

My debug-file shows the following error:
Code:
line 114: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web169/html/html/album.php:9)

#removed_broken_link ... 0=comments

Hope I gave you enough information

See ya
Martin

UPDATE: more strange: comments under top13 aren't shown properly but if I change to a single picture with comments all umlauts are shown right.
If I make a comment, the result is "buchstabensalat" (and the debug file is empty)

I'm very confused!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Nov 2007, 17:29 
Site Admin

Hi,

Umlaute get killed when you update to UTF-8! (I hope I made this clear in the update instructions)

Therefore I would recommend for you not to use UTF-8 if you want to keep the comments.
Go to the language file you use and remove the charset like described in the update. Then I don't do the utf-8 conversion and everything should work fine.

About your error in the debug file - check what is done in line 9 - maybe only a space is printed.

And you should use foldername.txt files - then you foldernames look nicer ;).

and if you have a static layout like yours you should think about using iframe - then the styles from your main page do not interfere with the one from the gallery.

The doctype you are using is actually not supported by the cmotion gallery I use in TWG. There will be a fix in 1.7 but if you want too use php include you should read howto 2 about the doctype.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Nov 2007, 21:03 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Umlaute get killed when you update to UTF-8! (I hope I made this clear in the update instructions)

Yes, you did. But as I wrote: I deleted the complete XML-folder-content and wrote a new comment. Result "buchstabensalat"

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Therefore I would recommend for you not to use UTF-8 if you want to keep the comments.
Go to the language file you use and remove the charset like described in the update. Then I don't do the utf-8 conversion and everything should work fine.

Ok, my mistake: I made this only in admin language files. The Umlauts are now shown properly!

TinyWebGallery wrote:
About your error in the debug file - check what is done in line 9 - maybe only a space is printed.

Now debug-file is empty - in line 9 are meta descriptions. If the error happens again, I will investigate more time.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
And you should use foldername.txt files - then you foldernames look nicer ;)

Yes you are right - I will do this now

TinyWebGallery wrote:
and if you have a static layout like yours you should think about using iframe - then the styles from your main page do not interfere with the one from the gallery.

I'm no friend of iframes - my problem is to give them the right height. If everything works as it does now, I won't change this.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
The doctype you are using is actually not supported by the cmotion gallery I use in TWG. There will be a fix in 1.7 but if you want too use php include you should read howto 2 about the doctype.

Yes, I will do so.
Michael thanks a lot. Your script and your support are fantastic! You made my day!

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Nov 2007, 00:36 
Site Admin

check the width of the detail page - it was too wide when I checked it ;).

/Michael