Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 23. Apr 2024, 19:20

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24. May 2007, 06:27 

Hello!

I am trying to setup TWG so my wife has a legitimate place to upload her embroidery designs (.pes) files to share to the world and I am having some problems I would like help with.

My first problem is that I cannot get her files to show up even after reading the HOWTOs and FAQ and setting the following:

Code:
$admin_allowed_file_extensions = 'jpg,jpeg,png,gif,pes';
$admin_user_allowed_file_extensions = 'jpg,jpeg,png,gif,pes';
$other_file_formats["pes"] = 'buttons/wm_none.png';

Going to the TWG site where the designs are located only shows one .jpg file I uploaded (as a test) but does not show any of the PES files. There are 12 PES files and 1 JPG file, again, only the JPG shows up.

The other question I have is in regards to thumbnails for my PES files. I know there is no support for auto-creation of thumbnails by TWG or any php function so I would like to know if there is any way to upload files with a certain naming convention to the same folder as the PES files they are previews for. For example, if a PES file was named FILE1.PES, is there any way to upload a JPG file called THUMB_FILE1.PES in the same folder as the preview for FILE1.PES?

Thanks for the help :) Please don't be too rough if I missed something simple in the HOWTO :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 01:47 

Hi,

firstly as you are aware of, the .PES format isn't an photo/image file so TWG isn't going to show anything in the gallery for that sort of file without some additional steps.

I made quick search on .PES tools and didn't see anything that would generate any sort of picture representation of the design. I guess that would be ideal since you could then represent the .pes files in TWG with a nice image which would facilitate downloading of the .PES file.

If you cannot find anything to automatically make images and/or thumbnails from the .PES files then you could simply make some with a camera.

If you did that, then you could upload the photos of the work as any other photo, to the gallery. Then you would only need to create a 'link' file for each of the photos (through TWGExplorer) to the corresponding .PES file -- similar to the external links that some of the Domai nudes use, linking to the Domai website.

Anyhow I think the stuff below will get something happening for you without worrying about any sort of more custom thumbnails and such.

Related default config.php stuff:
Code:
$other_file_formats=array(
"avi" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"mpg" => "buttons/wm_mpg.png",
"mpeg" => "buttons/wm_mpg.png",
"pdf" => "buttons/wm_pdf.png",
"mp3" => "buttons/wm_mp3.png",
"divx" => "buttons/wm_divx.png",
"png" => "buttons/wm_png.png",
"wmv" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"wma" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"flv" => "buttons/wm_flv.png",
"mov" => "buttons/wm_mov.png");

Quote:
// new 1.4 - other file formats that can be downloaded - the ist parameter is the extension, the 2nd is the watermark image - If you don't like a watermark please use the wm_none.png file. The downloads are direct downloads - if it does not work check if the directory or filename conain special characters ...

Keep in mind that is a watermark which is to be laid on top of an image, which you also need to make or use a pre-made one (MOD 2 below).

Anyhow, if you add the following to your my_config.php (manually or through the additional settings area of the admin panel) you'd retain the defaults plus add the one for the .pes files. I may be wrong but I think the line you had would reduce the 'other_file_formats' to just the one you have on that line.

MOD 1
Code:
$other_file_formats=array(
"avi" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"mpg" => "buttons/wm_mpg.png",
"mpeg" => "buttons/wm_mpg.png",
"pdf" => "buttons/wm_pdf.png",
"mp3" => "buttons/wm_mp3.png",
"divx" => "buttons/wm_divx.png",
"png" => "buttons/wm_png.png",
"wmv" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"wma" => "buttons/wm_avi.png",
"flv" => "buttons/wm_flv.png",
"mov" => "buttons/wm_mov.png",
"pes" => "buttons/wm_mpg.png");

NOTE: I used the "wm_mpg.png" file since the "wm_none.png" means kind of, just that.. show nothing. Until you make your own watermark.

Next there is (other related default config.php settings):
Code:
$other_file_formats_previews = array(
"avi" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mpg" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mpeg" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"pdf" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mp3" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"divx" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"wmv" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"wma" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"flv" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mov" => "buttons/border.jpg");

Quote:
// new 1.6 - You can specify images that are used by the TWG Admin when generating preview images for other filetypes. You don't have to provide a preview image anymore - simply create a default!

I have not tried this but it seems if you add the following (same as the other stuff above) to your my_config.php you'll have a blank box with the mpeg (wm_mpg.png used in MOD 1 above) watermark shown for your .PES files:

MOD 2
Code:
$other_file_formats_previews = array(
"avi" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mpg" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mpeg" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"pdf" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mp3" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"divx" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"wmv" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"wma" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"flv" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"mov" => "buttons/border.jpg",
"pes" => "buttons/border.jpg");

Note that in all the code blocks above I formatted them to look more clear. If you have problems saving the MOD 1 and 2 code as shown, using the 'Additional Settings' from the TWGExplorer then you will want to reformat them so they're each single lines.

IE: .. = array("avi" => "buttons/border.jpg","mpg" ... ,"pes" => "buttons/border.jpg");

With regard to you last question(s) -- What you're asking is more closely related to the custom stuff I breifly mentioned. I'll leave that for you to figure out if you like. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 14:34 

I had a nice long reply typed up with some screenshots but phpBB shot me down and I lost my reply and I don't want to retype all that.

Thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. May 2007, 04:36 

Hehe, yeah I hate it when a web forum pulls that stuff. I've found that the best ways to handle that are:

A. use the preview message while composing every few minutes

and/or

B. before selecting post or anything after a long time typing, select all the message I am writing and copy to the clipboard first

"A" will keep the session alive during long typing/thinking posts and "B" will at least allow me to paste the text back into a reply if the session has timed out and I need to log back in..

At any rate I hope that my reply was able to help you get something working.