Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 27. Apr 2024, 06:48

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem linking to cache
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2006, 21:14 
Hi. I changed the cachedir to ..\..\cache because ppz were lokking into the protected directory's, but now some pictures are displayed, and some aren't. I cleaned cache and stuff... The thumbnails that don't work link to #removed_broken_link and the thumbnails that do work link to http://81.71.13.68:29832/pizza/image.ph ... lename.jpg How can i get twg to always link to image.php?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2006, 23:09 
Site Admin

Hi,

if your main diretory is pizza then
../../cache is outside your web directory - therefore it cannot work!

what do you mean that ppz can look into the protected directories?

The cache has to be readable from the web - otherwise it would not make sense - when you call the image.php the thumb images are generated the first time.
moving the cache does not make sense!

if you want to protect your diretories it would make sense to protect the pictures directory - just set the permissions right for this folders and you are fine. or use a .htaccess file (there is an example in the config_demos or example directory (depending which dl you have)).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 08:12 
Weird enough, htaccess does not work on my apache server :( But the ..\..\picture folder DOES work, and the ..\..\Cache doesn't...
Doesn't php load something from a folder, and send it like it was part of a file? (eg. if image.php?image=filename.jpg was called, image.php would look in the specified folder, andn send filename,jpg as if it were a part of image.php) Because I tested with other programs, and it did work... so now i'm confused... Does TWG find images like explorer (eg. can it look at the local filesystem, above the htdocs folder) or just like ftp? (eg. it can't go higher then home directory (htdocs)?

Sorry for my bad English, im Dutch ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 14:09 
Site Admin

htaccess or .htaccess

../../ pictures does work of yourse because php is using it.
the cache folder is use by php AND the browser - and he browser cannot access anything outside the hddocs folder !

moving the pictures folder outside the htdocs is fine - but you have to make sure that direct downloads are disabled!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 15:06 
But how can i prevent people from opening pix in my cache folder without the need to log in every time a picture is opened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 15:12 
Site Admin

accessing the pics in he cache is possilbe to everyone who knows the exact filename - if you want to totally restrict this you would have to change some code - but this is a good point.

I will add a switch where the direct link to the cache will be disabled - because images of the private folder can be seen if directory name and imagename is known !

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 15:47 
Is there any way the server fetches a picture (just like the ../../pictures construction) and sends it to a client?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 15:55 
Sorry for doublepost...

http://81.71.13.68:29832/pizza/image.ph ... lename.jpg does work! but how do i tell TWG to use this instead of #removed_broken_link ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 16:00 
Site Admin

only with the version i made a couple of minutes ago - I added a new switch.

Send me an email to get this version!
You can try the new installer too then :).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 16:44 
E-mail sent :D Don't you have a link? well... i'll wait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Apr 2006, 17:10 
temporaryaddress@flixite.com will do (sorry for the kicking, but I realized that maybe your mailbox is so stuffed, you wouldn't be able to find my mail :roll: naah, just kidding... I just would like to see if it's a solution...