Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 27. Apr 2024, 01:46

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21. Apr 2006, 01:39 

Hi

I have 3 questions please:

1. In User management how do I use the "Home directory:" bit? everything I put in doesn't seem to work, brings an error. :oops:
1a. Is it possible to put the home directory as something other than the pictures folder?
1b. Is it possible to grant access to more than one home directory?

2. What is Hide "pattern:" please?

3. I am trying to display a gallery of forum emoticons much like on these forums, however, when I view them, they are all really big and enlarged, how can I stop that and just have them the small size they are supposed to be?

Thanks very much for your help and dedication to this project, it has been the answer I have been looking for since late last year. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Apr 2006, 09:37 
Site Admin

1. Home directory bit? you can specify a subfolder from where on he user can upload ... what are you trying to put in there?

1a. yes - admin for example has full access of the whole twg installation. actually you could put in the ../. for example to get even more access ;).

1b. no - you only can specify the "root" of a directory tree.

2. oh - some files like .ht* are not displayed by default if you make e.g. ls on a linux system. If you want these kind of files and folders as well you have to activate this!

3. At the thumbs you cannot - on the detail view there is the flag :
$resize_only_if_too_big=false;
set this to true!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Apr 2006, 17:15 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
1. Home directory bit? you can specify a subfolder from where on he user can upload ... what are you trying to put in there?

Well, I have a folder in the pictures directory called: g and when I enter: g as the home directory it gives an error when I try to use the explorer to view the g folder.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
3. At the thumbs you cannot - on the detail
/Michael

How can I reduce the sizes of the thumbnails then? If I reduced the max size of the thumbnails, would it stop it from enlarging them?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21. Apr 2006, 17:22 
Site Admin

try pictures/g

admin for example has . and you can access the whole installation
if you create a new user by defautl pictures should be in the home dir.

2. The thumbs are generated whatever you do! there are 2 things you can do!
are all images the same size? if yes you can set the size of the thumbs to that.
or you use your images as thumbs in the cache - they are only created if they don't already exist! - but then you have to rename them by adding the folder to the image name e.g. g/1.jpg = g_1.jpg.thumb.jpg