Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 16. Apr 2024, 14:16

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14. Feb 2006, 19:59 
I'd like to load the thumbnails and small images that iViewmedia Pro creates into the cache directory so that the galleries will load faster. I tried adding .thumb.jpg and .small.jpg to the files but it still seemed like TWG took the time to re-create it's own files. Is there anyway to do this?

I have an average of ten GB of photos after a race that I make available to my clients using iView, but TWG seems like a much better solution if I can get it to work faster.

My site is hosted on a G4 running OS X 10.2.8 and Apache web server (1.3?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Feb 2006, 20:17 
Site Admin

Hi,

TWG adds the album name with an _ in front of the file name.
If you have subdirectories you have to seperate the directorynames as well with an _

you have to set $cache_time to -1 because otherwise the .small files are removed if they are not visited (touched!).

What you can do ... go to the main view to "search" and use . for the search a dot .
use file names and select "all". Then all thumbnails are created! it takes some time and sometimes you have do do this a couple of times because of the php timeout. But I created thumbs for 5000 images this way pretty fast!

be sure to have $cache_dirs to true if you have that many files!

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Feb 2006, 22:49 

I'll try adding the album name followed by the underscore as well as the .thumb.jpg and.small.jpg, that's worked on a few images today. I might have to shorten the album name so the file name doesn't get too long.

Waiting for TWG to churn through 900-1,000 Canon 1d S Mark II jpegs would take a long time.

How do I set the $cache_time to -1 and the $cache_dirs to true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Feb 2006, 23:49 
Site Admin

Hi,

open the config.php - search for the settings - change them.

your problem is that I store the filenames with encoding of special characters. This is done that you can access the files directly and on every webserver ...

you can create the folder - put one image in there - then access the image - check the cachefolder for the new image and you get the first part of the filename.

about creation time - you can create the cache images on your local pc as well and copy it then to the cache folder. 3 thumbs takes about 1s on my system ...

/Michael