Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 15:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Pictures Never Display
PostPosted: 18. May 2007, 09:38 

I am fairly experienced with PHP/CMS systems, yet I am unable to solve this issue, some assistance is required please.

Notice that I have altered the various fields in the config.php file; even though it is suggested not to do so... without doing so, it results in absolutely nothing in the gallery (blank pages, server errors, etc). Therefore, the $install_dir is a must for this installation.

Code Snipet From CONFIG.PHP:
Code:
$iframe_include=false;
  $iframe_height_ie="100%";
$php_include=false;
  $install_dir = "modules/Gallery/";
  $ignore_parameter  = array('file');
   $include_y_bottom=0;
  $disable_frame_adjustment_ie=false;
    $iframe_xoffset = 0;
    $iframe_yoffset = 0;
$basedir = "pictures";
$cachedir = "cache";    
$counterdir = "counter";
$xmldir = "xml";   

The installation does not create (ever) a debug file (nornally located in the counter folder). All system checks result in correct installations, correct permissions for folders, correct links/paths.

Now I have noticed that the host is running a memory limit of 8M (standard setting); which I will request it be altered to 32M. Server software is Apache based, running PHP version 4.3.9. The website is a PHP-Nuke v7.5 Patched and the screen shot below is what I get when running software via the modules of the CMS site.

I have a screen shot, but this site will not permit me to post it. So if you wish to see it, email me and I will forward a link.

Edited: Version 1.5.1 TWG being used, cuz the newest version refused to work at all.

Note: I am NOT the owner of this website, I am only assisting in setting things up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23. May 2007, 21:44 

May I assume that the support staff is on vacation??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 02:30 

NOTE: Just noticed the 1.5.1 you're trying.. Not sure about the debug file being only created upon error.. The rest should all be applicable though.

Try adding to your my_config.php (since you know of the 8M limit):
Code:
$try_to_increase_memory_limit_to_32MB = true;

It might throw an error for you and create the debug file.. if nothing else you may find there is a permissions problem and the debug file can't be created.

I've setup the example_php_include.php and have used the my_config.php and all seemed to mesh okay aside from an issue with the 'New window' command.

If that is what you're trying then you will find you will also have to change some of the paths in the example_php_include.php file. I needed to do that in order to see any of the photos of my gallery.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong though since you mention that you needed to modify your config.php file and the my_config.php wasn't sufficient..

FWIW the system check has some quirks to it depending on the server configuration.

IE - on my system it shows:
Quote:
config.php Not found
my_config.php Not found
The my_style.css has to be writeable if you want to store the style sheet with the Color Manager!
my_style.css Not found

..still -- something that I also experienced with the previous version. The files are there and writable, etc. It's been a while but it's a 'known issue' for me, yet is a case and point that the installation check may show wrong information. Perhaps not relevant in your case but figured that I would mention it again.

Yes, Michael is on holiday. I wrote a quick question to his email and got a auto-responder message back. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 02:46 

I'll give that a whirl.... and yes I too wrote him a PM and since he did not reply, therefore assumed he was away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 03:49 

Just a note, I think there are probably some kinks in the gallery with respect to PHP includes anyhow... Nothing but what I've already mentioned are show stoppers for me but my debug log fills quite quickly by browsing around in the example_php_include.php demo.

Everything seems to be working visually but there are apparently some areas in the counter.inc.php script at that may need work with relation to $install_dir or something.

Some of the errors I see:
Code:
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 69: fopen(twg/counter/useronline.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 70: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 71: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 76: fopen(twg/counter/ip_data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 77: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 81: file(twg/counter/ip_data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 83: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 100: fopen(twg/counter/ip_data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 102: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 104: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 116: fopen(twg/counter/user_today.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 118: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 149: fopen(twg/counter/user_today.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 150: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 151: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 164: fopen(twg/counter/counter.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 165: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
ERROR 2 in html/twg/inc/counter.inc.php, line 166: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

I don't see any of those with the standard index.php and not trying to use php includes. Looks like some path confusion. I tried tweaking the example_php_include.php a little more but things went downhill so I can only conclude the path adjustments I originally made were on the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. May 2007, 19:28 

Tried that code section you suggsted:

Still no debug file created on the server; although all other created files in that folder are there and functioning as they should.

Not concerned about a "new window" command at this time... I need to get the gallery functioning for this guy... I'd prefer to use TWG; but all attempts are failing thus far regardless of the version used. As you say, it may very well be a server issue.

I do not want to use any other gallery scripts, but may be forced to if I am unable to solve TWG issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. May 2007, 04:42 

Uh, something obvious I didn't catch in your first post..

You -need- to set:

$php_include=true;

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. May 2007, 16:14 

Nope.... doesn't work.... but I really wish it did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2007, 01:05 

I scanned the topic but didn't catch it if you mentioned are able to see the gallery as expected in a stand-alone type of installation..

Is that correct?

Without seeing anymore than what is in this thread I'm running out of ideas. If in fact you can see the gallery in a stand-alone install and all seems okay I can only suggest that there are possibly some path problems somewhere.

AFAIK php includes or 8M cap shouldn't be anything out of the norm or lobotomize TWG.

Some remaining considerations I can think of:

- regress to a working, stand-alone install of TWG if that is possible

EG: start over clean, removing everything first and use the TWG_INSTALL download variation. If that works then there is IMO simply something that you're overlooking in your attempt to use TWG as an include.

- how are you connecting to the server? I've had to fiddle a little with group/owner and permissions on my server in the past if I SSH login as root. This is moot though if you're able to accomplish a working stand-alone TWG install..

- $install_dir -- perhaps there are problems handling the apparent mixed-case path you mentioned above -- modules/Gallery/

- similarly, I assume your web root is just below modules? EG: there isn't actually something like <webroot>/phpnuke/modules/Gallery actually.. Just to avoid possible permissions conflicts between the CMS and TWg you might consider using a TWG install somewhere else.. Like <webroot>/gallery/

- how is PHP installed? as CGI? I forget all the ramifications of this but do recall that there is a dramatic difference in what kind of PHP related suggestions are worth considering, depending how PHP is installed. IE: it's somewhat common for shared hosting providers to install PHP as CGI. I doubt that would create any fundamental problems with TWG (PHP as CGI) but is will impact you ability to tweak and/or request tweaks to the PHP environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2007, 01:18 

...just saw the PM.. Looking at your site now.

Struck gold maybe..

Album Link = http://example.domain/modules.php?twg_a ... twg_show=x = module not active
Top X Link = #removed_broken_link = module not active
Search Link = http://example.domain/modules/Gallery/i ... search.php? = search prompt
Help Link = #removed_broken_link = 404 error

Testing link = #removed_broken_link = 500 error
Testing link = #removed_broken_link = (TWG Error Info, below)
Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /var/www/html/Gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

In my basic testing with the example_php_include.php and the above results of your site I'll make a couple observations..

- seems your $install_dir is actaully '<web root>/Gallery/' EG: would be "Gallery/" and not "modules/Gallery/" -- this is clearly where the TWG index.php file is located.. As for the actual error unless you have no debug file defined or somesuch, my guess that error is a result of path problems and would go away once fixed. Rewind, stating that my_config.php wasn't working and had to use config.php also indicated a path problem.. I doubt the problem is caused by this but you may also look into the how-to/FAQ, 10th up from the bottom of the page, titled "The images/directories are not shown at all or only some are shown".

- have no clue what is contained in '<web root>/modules/Gallery/' so the 500 error may not really mean much, although I suggest determining why it's happening.

Franky I have not investigated anything about integrating TWG with PHP-Nuke and how or why the 'modules' path is meaningful. I assume you're just supposed to create/use some sort of wrapper for TWG and put it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2007, 05:36 

Actually I had 2 installations - trying to get etiher of them working... yes one was at the root level (not exactly sure how you managed to get that link, cuz that was setup for admins only)... the other is via the modules install ( $install_dir = "modules/Gallery/"; )

Neither of them have ever worked on this particluar website; although I have installed 3 previous copies on other websites around the world that work just fine. No issues, except the odd color change here and there.

The "modules not active" you mentioned are active, as they are all integrated within the TWG module (only 1 module, the rest are mere links within a module - hope that makes sense).

I have tried using the self-installer and the zip version of the new TWG for this website, netiher are functioning. So at this point... I thinks its safe to say that its a server issue and this task can not be done. I have wasted far too much time on this single issue.... thanks very kindly for your assistance... I will have to remove TWG and move on with something else.

Kind Regards!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. May 2007, 07:48 

Ahh. I tried the link since the help link referenced that path. I guess with the two installs it makes the 500 error a bit more meaningful. ;)

IE: if I try and directly access the index.php in my 'php include' install it's doesn't show the gallery properly because of the linkage, but does NOT show a 500 error.

Sure seems odd that if a CMS works with the host that TWG wouldn't.. AFAIK TWG is pretty lightweight in server reqs compared to many.

I know you're fed up with it, I would be too.. One last thing you may have already covered -- could there be some problem in an htaccess file (or elsewhere maybe) contained in the modules/Gallery directory?

Most of my 500 errors I've run into had something to do with an htaccess issue. :roll: