Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:48

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27. Mar 2006, 23:42 
Hello there,

First of all i would like to say thank you for such a great program. Excellent features, i am just after a little bit of guidance or advice please?

My customers website wants a photo gallery, i am having a few problems with where to look to edit the way the script appears on that web page.

1) i want to get rid of the grey border on that page.

2) is it possible to move that top menu to the left hand side of the page, for example...under my websites menu.

3) id like to loose the "visits" "powered by" "help" etc along the bottom.

if anyone could offer any advice, or help me out, i cant offer money but can offer my services such as design, hosting etc etc.

I really appreciate your time...Thank You!

Andy MacDonald

MODS: PLEASE DELETE MY LAST POST. I WROTE IT AS A GUEST BY ACCIDENT....SORRY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Mar 2006, 09:29 
Site Admin

Hi,

1) just turn it off :) - you can use an url parameter (see the installation page on the website - &twg_noborder=true ) or in the config.php - $show_border='FALSE';

2) you can't to this with any config option - you would have to change the whole coding of the topnavigation - you can turn off everything in the menu (the whole right side!) but you cannot move it.

3) visits, help, bandwith icon can be turned off in the config.php - the powered by can only be removed manually - if you only have a private website this is o.k. - you can place a link back to the twg site somewhere on your site

You have to set your file permissions of the cache directory !! Then the thumb images are shown too :).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Mar 2006, 12:39 
Hello Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Would you be able to tell me which page it is that i need to edit to move the menu etc please? i dont really know what "template" pages to use to edit the look of the site.

I will add a link to your site from the new links pages that will be added to the site :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Mar 2006, 12:53 
Site Admin

Hi,

The menu is in the inc/topnavigation.inc.php - there are 3 areas - depending if you are on the overview, thumb or image page.

in the index.php is a part
<?php
if (!$default_is_fullscreen) {
echo '<tr>';
include (dirname(__FILE__) . "/inc/topnavigation.inc.php");
echo '</tr>';
}

?>

where the navigation is included. If you remove this the topnavigation will be gone! But then you still have the problem that the Javascript does not find the id's is is looking for!
you can either creates this id's by adding the menu items to your menu but I think thas not enought because there are about 10 links changed (image numer, counts links, commentscounter ....).

you can disable some of the features in the topnavigation you don't need first.

If you use the html or html_side navigation it should work already - with dhtml I think you have to modify the cmotiongallery.inc.php as well.
But this is a bad file ... it generated javascript on the fly - and this a lot!

from line 400 to 526 are different areas where the whole content of the page is changed by ajax -
I recommend you use Firefox as browser - then enter the page and check the javascript console for errors - it tells you which id is not found - then remove this from the code!

removing the bottom part is easy - most can be done in the config.php - the powered by has to be removed manually.

Have fun with that ;).

/Michael