Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 23. Apr 2024, 22:15

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: No preview in TFU
PostPosted: 24. Aug 2007, 13:03 

Although I can use the tfu demos on your web site (so no browser issues) I've never been able to make it work properly for me in twg. And the more I have fiddled with it the worse it has become.
Before starting again with a fresh install I thought I'd have a play with it on my home computer using xampp.

So here's the problem. On localhost everything works as it should in the free mode. When I add the registration file the extra features in twg are enabled. But the tfu loses it's image preview. It will still upload images but clicking on a file name produces only the loading spinner. The image itself is not displayed.
If I remove the registration file all returns to normal.
Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Also, search as I may in the howtos I can not work out how to change the colours of the tfu.

This is only for a personal web site but it would be nice to get it working properly so I'll be grateful for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Aug 2007, 13:58 
Site Admin

check if you saved the registration file without extra spaces and returns - and if you have saved it in utf-8 you have to make sure that is is saved without BOM.

the colors of tfu can only be changed if you have a personal license.
+ to change the colors in TWG you would have to add the colors to the file where the flash is started (i_upload.php).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Aug 2007, 14:28 

Thanks for the rapid response.

I thought I had indeed saved the registration file correctly in UTF-8. But looking thought the options of Editpad Pro I found how to turn off BOM.

This seems to have done the trick for my local install. Now to see if I can sort it out on my domain server.

Sorry I misunderstood the varying degrees of registration. I may well pay the extra for a Personal License in the future. It's well worth it for the excellent software you have produced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Aug 2007, 14:43 
Site Admin

good - because of the BOM i have added some code already that prevented the output of these special chars - but for the preview in the flash I have not done this yet.

i'll put this on my todo list.

/Michael