Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 20. Apr 2024, 08:25

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13. Apr 2010, 19:10 

Hey everyone,
I am manually creating the XML files that contain the captions and the file names and right now EVERYTHING Is working awesomely, except updating the captions. I am allowing users of the site to go in and change the order their images display by simply clicking up and down arrows, but in the background I am renaming the files so that they display in the correct order, and rewriting the XML file that contains the captions.

The updates are working great except that the captions still display in the same order. The ONLY way I can get them to change is to go into the admin panel and delete the session cache. I can't just put that code in to run every time because if I do, the user will be logged out of OUR control panel that we put TWG into.

Any advice on a line of code or a config option I am missing that will make it so that I can refresh the XML files every time that the gallery is pulled up?

Thanks!
-Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Apr 2010, 23:40 
Site Admin

TWG is caching the xml files. Therefore you have to refresh the cache manually if you don't use the TWG options to create captions.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Apr 2010, 23:45 

So there is no way to tell it NOT cache?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Apr 2010, 00:03 
Site Admin

By turning off the cache you can do this. In the configuration...
and you have to disable that the cache is turned on automatically. Also in the configuration...

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Apr 2010, 02:36 

Thank you for the help, and I am not trying to be difficult.. but we are talking about the config.php in the root of the twg folder right?

If so can you give me a tip of what exactly to toggle? I have tried toggling several of the cache options in the config.php but it's still doing it.

Thank you again!

-Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Apr 2010, 08:04 
Site Admin

You might read the configuration page.

e.g. my_config.php is used and there should be ALL your changed values. There the setting for enabling the cache is too.

And set
$autoenable_cache=-1;