Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 11:02

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29. Jan 2016, 03:04 

I just downloaded TWG and am testing it out on a centos 6.7 server. I'm currently running into two issues:

1. The cached thumbnails don't show up properly. I discovered that I get a LOT of errors in my apache error log showing the following error message:

[Thu Jan 28 19:39:12 2016] [alert] [client 172.16.1.205] /var/www/html/twg/cache/.htaccess: order not allowed here

If I simply delete /var/www/html/twg/cache/.htaccess then thumbnails start to display properly for a while. Eventually the .htaccess file reappears, and thumbnails break once again. How do I keep this .htaccess file from being recreated since it's invalid?

2. I have HTML5 video streaming working using ffmpeg version 2.8.5-static. It works great when I use a web browser like Chrome or Firefox on a laptop, but it results in a static image that says "THE MEDIA() COULD NOT BE LOADED BECAUSE THE SERVER OR NETWORK FAILED" when I try to view the video on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9. What do I need to do in order to get video to play properly on an iPhone?

Thanks,

-Bruce

PostPosted: 29. Jan 2016, 16:46 
Site Admin

1. create an empty .htaccess it is only recreated if it is not there.
2. Seems the iphone does not like the encoding you use. Do my demos work properly on your iphone?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 29. Jan 2016, 21:56 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
1. create an empty .htaccess it is only recreated if it is not there.

Thanks, that solved that problem!

TinyWebGallery wrote:
2. Seems the iphone does not like the encoding you use. Do my demos work properly on your iphone?

The only video samples I see are in the 4_youtube.com directory, which all seem to be external & require a flash player. Flash isn't available on the iPhone. Are there other sample videos somewhere else?

Edit: I was just able to find the video demos on your website and the HTML5 ones do work on my iPhone, so I must not be converting them properly with ffmpeg. I'm using the latest version of ffmpeg (version 2.8.5-static). Do you know what the output settings should be to convert a file so that it will display on an iPhone? (I've also been experimenting with avconv as well...) Or is there a way I can download one of the actual video files so that I can analyze it?

Thanks again!

-Bruce

PostPosted: 30. Jan 2016, 14:54 
Site Admin

This is what I use in TWG:

$ffmpeg_convert_command_mp4='-i "%s" -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -strict -2 "%s"'; // (String) This is the conversion command for ffmpeg for mp4. Please read the ffmpeg documentation for details! On unix server you have to use ' instead of " for the file names. The given command gives good quality and big filesizes. if you increase the qscale parameter the quality gets less but the filesize much smaller! you can also use -sameq if is is supported! It should keep the quality of the original.

Best, Michael