Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 18. Apr 2024, 04:45

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 7. Feb 2007, 14:02 

I'm trying to setup a gallery containing PDF-files. I suppose I need to create a video.php within the picture-directory containing the PDF-files.
But I can't find out how to configure this (is it possible to show PDF in an external PDF-viewer, not embedded?).
In addition to this: Your example-gallery shows an example of a gallery containing multiple fileformats (mp3, pdf, mpg, ...). How did you set this up? I couldn't find the answer to this (or I didn't see it) on the HOW-TO-list and/or the FAQ.

I'm using twg1.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Feb 2007, 15:57 

I've only tried a few things but there are some demos from this site in the examples folder. They are a little tricky to set up, for me anyhow since I am not real familiar with TWG yet.

The default install of the 1.6 beta also has a mixed album. I think the general idea is the same, by fiddling around with the albums that were there after I installed 1.6 I've learned a bit of how to work the mixed albums.

I'm not certain but I think adobe acrobat reader will simply be embedded if the user has the plug-in installed. This is why I have never installed it, I wanted the .pdf to show in the acrobat pro for me, in it's own window.

Maybe some sort of javascript can force the pdf to be in a new window regardless of the plug-in.

Last edited by John on 8. Feb 2007, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Feb 2007, 16:13 
Site Admin

don't use video.php for pdf's.
TWG assumes that if you use video.php that one of the supported video types are used.

There is a howto for special file types.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Feb 2007, 17:10 

Ok, so I don't need any PHP-file in the directory with PDF-files?
What HOW-TO do you mean (what number), because the one I followed in the first place was nr. 26. This does not result in the behaviour your demo shows (http://www.tinywebgallery.com/demo). Here it shows watermarks on each picture... Also, when I eventuelly select the PDF I get the download-dialog of windows (open/save), instead of the way it opens in your demo.

Does it matter that the location of the pictures is on the same level as the twg-directory (instead of the default subdirectory of twg)?

./twg
./pictures

In what situation(s) do you need a video.php?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 7. Feb 2007, 23:51 
Site Admin

no.

you only prodivde a file called e.g. example.jpg and example.pdf.

The settings i use for demo 1 are in the examples folder too ;). The download behavior is a global setting.

/Michael