Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 06:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Fatal Error
PostPosted: 29. May 2007, 03:19 

Hello, thanks for creating the gallery application. I can't say whether I like it yet because I can't get it to work. I've installed it but I keep getting an error. The error that I keep getting is as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_folders() in /homepages/27/d87622221/htdocs/gallery/inc/index.inc.php on line 298.

I've looked into the other subjects and threads, but to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right directions or offer some solutions please.

I appreciate you taking the time to view this,

Ohlaph

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Jun 2007, 16:19 

By the path you provided that looks to be hosted at 1&1.. The shared hosting they provide used to be configured 'PHP as CGI' which has some quirks but I don't think that is related (yet) to your problem..

I think you have a path problem..

The path shown in the error I think is your absolute path on their server, which I don't recall TWG needing as input during configuration..

You should have need for paths like "/" and "/gallery/" etc.. in the configuration though. As I recall your web-root for shared 1&1 hosting is simply "/".

Try making a "test.php" file and paste the code below into it. The info might help you sort out your path problem.

Code:
<?
$path = getcwd();
echo "Script Name : ";
echo $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'];
echo "<br><br>Your absolute path is: ";
echo $path;
?>

As for the error itself, it seems to be indicating that index.inc.php can't find the showfolders.inc.php file -- probably can't find the other includes that it needs either.

I know this isn't much an answer but I recall having to fiddle with scripts sometimes in order to get them working with 1&1 shared hosting.

The couple suggestions I can think of would be:

- if you tried to manually install the script, try the installer version

or

- if you tried the installer version, try manually installing it

or

- go line by line through your config.php or my_config.php and try things with the path related settings