Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 26. Apr 2024, 08:20

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 1. Jun 2007, 04:05 

Hi,

I installed twg a few days ago, and I keep getting this weird error in the debug file:

Code:
05.31.2007 21:55:42 - ERROR 2 in /pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/admin/menu.php, line 29: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b549/pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/config.php:1)
05.31.2007 21:55:42 - ERROR 2 in /pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/admin/menu.php, line 30: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b549/pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/config.php:1)
05.31.2007 21:55:42 - ERROR 2 in /pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/admin/menu.php, line 31: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b549/pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/config.php:1)
05.31.2007 21:55:42 - ERROR 2 in /pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/admin/menu.php, line 32: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b549/pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/config.php:1)
05.31.2007 21:55:42 - ERROR 2 in /pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/admin/menu.php, line 33: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web03/b549/pow.amc420/htdocs/twg162/config.php:1)

If you look at my installation check, the only error is that the test image won't appear.

I ckecked my hosting error log, and I was getting a compatibility error between Zend Optimization and PHP4 whenever that other error showed up un twg's debug file. Then their support changed the Zend version, that error stopped showing. Now my CGI error log is empty, but I keep getting errors in the twg log. I already tried using PHP 4 and 5, both with Zend enabled or disabled in the php.ini file, but I was never able to see the test image and kept getting the same error in the debug file.

Some of my images won't display at all, none of them work if I try opening them in full screen or windowed, and I can't make it run animated GIFs the way they're supposed to be shown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Jun 2007, 16:53 

I have zend installed for something else on my server and have not connected it to any problems I've had configuring and running TWG.

It sounds like you have plenty of 'stuff' at your disposal and have been tweaking alot.

Frankly that goes beyond me in offering much since I really don't want to get intimate with your server. ;)

I wish that I could remember what I was doing... I think that I was fiddling around with joomla and includes and so forth.. I got the same messages you are seeing basically. It wasn't anything to do with joomla though.. I can't recall exactly what it was, but I am certain it was something to do with permissions and/or possibly related to my include related settings and other TWG config options.

Sorry I can't remember specifics since I fixed it very fast and just moved on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Jun 2007, 17:01 

Im going through the config files again, but i still havent been able to fix that...

actually i'm only finding more problems :( maybe you can help me with some of them:

- I don't know how to set it to only display images in the original size (maybe that will make animated gifs work)

- whenever i click on something, it will show the entire path to the twg folder - like domain/htdocs/twgfolder/index.php instead of just domain/index.php

thanks for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Jun 2007, 17:43 

If you want to post the contents your config.php and my_config.php files and the output of your servers PHP Info and describe some more characteristics of your hosting (shared, dedicated server, vps, etc) and a link to the gallery then I can look over it all and maybe see something you've missed or a PHP issue I recognize. If your config.php is identical to the one right out of the download then no need to post that..

If you're not using a dedicated server or VPS of your own then you really might get the most expediant fix from a decent admin at your hosting comnpany -- someone with day by day practice and knowledge with your particular type web server.

Aside from that a Q&A session just isn't a realistic way to go about it.

Off hand I can't say I've ever created a situation where any of the URL have been showing the literal server path. That's something I'd guess to be at the heart of the problem. I can only think that being influenced by bad settings in the my_config.php file.

I suggest you install a second copy somewhere and just try and get it working in it's default state. If you can get that working it would at least rule out some things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Jun 2007, 22:26 

actually the paths are working fine if i try accessing it directly from my webhosting account - this problem only shows up when i try accessing from the domain i'm redirecting to it, so I think that it's a rather simple htaccess issue, and that it's unrelated to the other config problem. I already contacted my host's tech support to help me figure that out.

About the Error 2 problem - images not showing properly:

I still havent changed much in the config files, so i guess i can say it's pretty much the default ones that are running right now. Therefore, I think installing it on another folder won't help much.

Like I said in the 1st post, in the beggining I was getting a Zend/PHP4 compatibility error message in my server log; since they changed to another Zend version, my error log in the server has been clean, but the errors in twg continue.

I'd post the direct link to my gallery but the forum script won't let me...

EDIT: GOD, how annoying this spam prevention thing is! i tried posting this a dozen time before i noticed you can't use the expression u-r-l !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Jun 2007, 21:42 

Ah, so you are using an IFRAME or PHP include option?

..last I checked you could include a url without using BB code..

IE: http://google.com

Are you configuring your hosting with the htaccess file or just trying some of the custom url stuff that is documented in the TWG package?

I typically use the httpd.conf file for configurations so I'm not really sure if the syntax would be quite the same. I use some large htaccess files though for url rewriting/robot blocking and such though, however I've not bothered to try the TWG pretty url rewrite stuff so far..

With any luck your hosting guru will be able to take care of it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Jun 2007, 22:04 

I have the iframe option set to false.

All my redirections are set up in the .htaccess file.

The tech support guy said they can't offer any further support because the error is not on the server side. He even advised me to ask in here :)

The problem with postin urls are that you need to be registered for 2 days and have at least 2 posts in order to enable them.

Now I guess it's working for me:

http://cagaregra.info #removed_broken_link

Post subject:
PostPosted: 5. Jun 2007, 19:30 

I just received the 1000th e-mail from my hosting company tech support about my problems with TWG, and they could not solve with any of them. People in here tell me to ask them, and they ask me to look for help in here :roll:

I wish the script creator would come here to help... it's been almost a week since I started this topic, and about a month since his last post...

I'd just go with another script if I could find one with embedded video support like twg. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15. Jun 2007, 17:43 
Site Admin

I call this vacation ;) - I have answered you by email - we close this thread if we have a solution ;).

/Michael