Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 19. Apr 2024, 14:39

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2005, 01:54 

Just downloaded TinyWebGallery 1.3, followed instructions

(unpacked everything to gallery subdir, chmod 777 xml cache counter)
-> gives empty HTML, same with info.php)

checked that everything is readable, cleared everything in cache xml and counter (there was only index.htm)
-> now getting:

Warning: Unknown(/srv/www/htdocs/gallery/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/srv/www/htdocs/gallery/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

The debug file is not there so can't find out what the server doesn't like.

Also tried to put the gallery to the server's root -> empty page

I have an Apache2 with PHP4 mod in default configuration that came with
NOVELL SUSE Linux CSS 10.

I have a feeling that there is something wrong with PHP config but I can't find what...

Have a look at #removed_broken_link

Does anyone experienced the same or knows what might be wrong?

Best regards,

Niko

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2005, 17:57 

Looks like the problem comes from inc/mysession.inc.php
session_start();
terminates the execution....

Can't find any error in the Apache log.... pooof
gonna play with php.ini

still no luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2005, 22:27 
Managed to solve the problem with sessions. Who are interested: PHP4 module in SUSE 10 comes with PHP where sessions thar are disabled by default - additional module is needed

Now TinyWebGallery started to give signs of life :)
Still lot's of things are confusing:

$php_include=false; // new in 1.2 - This has to be set to true if you include (with include ....) - see the settings below !!
$install_dir = ""; // new 1.2 - This is ONLY needed if you include (with include ....) twg with php into an existing php page and twg is in a subdirectory! you have to enter the path from your including page to the twg installation e.g. "TinyWebGallery/". The / at the end is needed!

These comment lines a VERY confusing! The comment above states that $install_dir is NOT needed if gallery is standalone, but in fact this variable is used everywhere. I tried several paths and the gallery changing the layout.

The question here if this a dir path starting from server root or it's an absolute path in the system!? It seems that different PHPs using different meaning

Niko

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Oct 2005, 12:46 
Site Admin

hi,

This 2 settings are only needed if you make a page and include twg with the php include command to one of your pages.

if e.g. you main page is in root and you include twg into this main page and twg is in the directory "gallery" then you have set ph_include=true and install_dir="gallery".

THE install_dir is ONLY needed if you inlcude (!!) TWG with include in a existing php page .. like the example_php_include.php

The install_dir is of couse included everywhere Wink. i case you include.

Back to your question. Normally you don't change this path. The path is the path from the including page to the index.php page.
e.g. if you include twg with the command include ("gallery/index.php); then the path is gallery/

Hope this helped -
Please redownload TWG because I found a small bug which is already fixed !

/michael