Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 18. Apr 2024, 19:50

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15. Jul 2016, 22:48 

Hello, hello,
I've been using twg for a few hours only... OK, I'm perusing the documentation and the config file, but there are some things I cannot seem to find:
    - folder of folders of images don't display any thumbnails - is that normal ? Is there a way to get them to display random thumbnails from their subfolders ?

- I installed 3 language packs, but it seems the language selection must be done manually by the user. I deal with technophobes, so is there a way to perform language autodetection according to their browser user agent?

- I installed the "Download link" addon to download entire directories as zip, but I don't see any options to do that. Am I missing something ?

- When viewing images, the fullscreen option seems to be only full browser window. Is that so ?

- when ffmpeg is used (for instance to generate thumbnails from videos), every output of ffmpeg goes to apache error.log. That's a lot of garbage in the error.log

- When I was just testing twg, the folders would display 4 tiny sub-thumbnails (of the 1st 4 images), but after I enabled session caching, only 1 thumbnail is displayed. The option "Show a collage on the overview" refuses to change to true. In config.php, I have: $show_colage = true; $use_random_image_for_folder=true; $fade_all=true; Is there a typo between show_collage and show_colage ?

- also there is this in the debug file: "ERROR 8 in r/www/twg24/admin/_include/fun_admin.php, line 399: Undefined index: action". Add an isset ?

- mts videos seem to not be recognized

- do you accept code contributions ?
For what it's worth, I got a twg license.

PostPosted: 16. Jul 2016, 08:38 
Site Admin

1. Folder of Folder: By default only folder.png images are displayed. Addition settings see: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/faq.php#h5
2. The download plugin is only for showing a link to the image. To download a wohle directory see: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/faq.php#h19
3. Yes. Press F11 to make the browser fullscreen
4. For ffmped a default command is in the config. You need to check if your version of ffmpeg maybe needs different options. Best way is simply to execute the command directly on the command line and see what is wrong.
5. about the collage. there is a type but show_colage is right. I would have to check if this than does not change anymore. What do you mean with "enable session caching"? The normal caching in TWG?
6. I would have to check why action is not set -> what do you do to get this error? - I have checked the code. there is already a isset but with a wrong ! before. I fixed this already on my local build - But I have to test this now.
7. I only support major videos extensions. Feel free to add anything you like, But You need a format that is supported by the browsers. mts seems only be supported by external browser plugin. So in my opinion you should convert them to something html5 can play to support all devices.
8. sure.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 18. Jul 2016, 16:35 

Thanks for the answers.
1 - OK, I get it and started playing with it.
2 - I've zipped the images in a zip named like the directory, but it doesn't show. Do I need to clear cache or somesuch ?
3 - OK
4 - ffmpeg works, it's just that stdout (or stderr?) from the command goes to error.log, amounting for a lot of text. Maybe there should be some (optional?) redirection in the call. >/dev/null or somesuch.
5 - today the collage was working when I looked, and I hadn't touched it in the last few days. Then I navigated the site a bit, without changing options, and the collage was replaced by the 1st image. Some bug ?
6 - I just found this error in the log twice, mayne during the cache generation ?
7 - Yes, mts videos will play in external viewer after I added the extension to the config file. Maybe someday I'll see what needs to be done to make it play in the embedded one (shouldn't html5 take care of that ?)

PostPosted: 19. Jul 2016, 11:56 

Where do I place modified settings ?
So config.php should remain untouched for when there are upgrades. But if I add the changed variables manually in my_config.php, they are deleted the next time I change something in the "Configure TWG" web interface. If I understand correctly, I should list the variables in the "Additional" panel, and I do see them appear in the $additional variable, but they are not recalled in the panel the next time I go look, making it rather useless (it's not like I can easily modify heavily backslashed code in my_config.php). Why isn't there a file where I can simply write the modified variables ?

PostPosted: 19. Jul 2016, 13:43 
Site Admin

1. simply use my_config.php and don't use the administration at all.

But the additional tab should be reloaded of course. If not this is a bug.
But I just tested this and it works fine for me.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 19. Jul 2016, 16:31 

On second try 'additional' did work. Maybe a mistake on my part.
I still haven't managed to get the zipped folders to work. If I have A/B/C/*.jpg, then the zipped file should be A/B/C/A_B_C.zip, right ?

PostPosted: 19. Jul 2016, 18:02 
Site Admin

You have to enable the download. then you get a windows where you get asked if you want to download a single file or the whole file if the zip does exist.
Or with the flash uploader you can download selected files as zip dynamically.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 21. Jul 2016, 17:32 

Well, yes, I seems to have the correct options for both:

$show_colage = true;
$use_random_image_for_folder=true;
$use_random_image_for_change=true;

$enable_download = true;
$enable_direct_download=false;
$enable_download_as_zip=true;

PostPosted: 21. Jul 2016, 22:58 
Site Admin

for
$show_colage = true;
$use_random_image_for_folder=true;
$use_random_image_for_change=true;

are more options like autogenerate folder images.

the 2nd looks o.k. but also there are more options which could disable this.
What happens if you click on the image?

Best, Michael