Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 14:04

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 8. May 2009, 11:42 

Hi Guys,

I'll start of by apologising in advance if this has already been posted - I've checked the forums and Google, and can't seem to find an answer.

Basically, we're trying to upload images to the site; the flash uploader works great for the first upload session. But as soon as we go back to the Pictures, create another folder then consequently try to upload to this newly created folder the flash uploader remembers the previous location and shows/uploads files to the previously viewed folder.

I'm still not sure if it's a script issue or a problem with the web server itself - I'm currently testing on another web server to see if the same thing happens on this server - if it doesn't, it must be a server issue.

Does anyone know how the flash applet retrieves the folder location for uploading new files?

I should probably admit at this stage - I'm most certainly more an ASP programmer than a PHP programmer, any help anyone might be able to give would most certainly be appreciated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. May 2009, 21:42 
Site Admin

Set the Joomla session handler to "none".

On the config page is a check if this is not the case.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. May 2009, 20:43 

This is going to sound like a silly question, but does the Joomla component need to be installed first? I've disabled the session "Enable session caching of directories and files" and this doesn't seem to make any different.

Have I missed something? is there anything else that could be stopping it from reading the session/query string correctly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10. May 2009, 21:07 
Site Admin

I'm talking about a Joomla config setting.

What have you disabled?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 20:42 

"Enable session caching of directories and files" is set to Disabled on the "Individual settings" page, I've searched through the settings and can't find a reference to a Joomla page.

If there is a seperate config page for Joomla, where can it be found?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 20:48 
Site Admin

you are talking about TWG?

I talk about JFU and the setting i'm talking about is in the main konguration of Joomla itself.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 20:57 

TWG Yes - I've uploaded a screenshot of the problem itself;

#removed_broken_link

Looking at the help files - JFU is an additional module? we've not got this installed - it's the flash uploader that we're using.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:02 
Site Admin

JFU is the flash uploader component for Joomla - it's the same flash but integrated into Joomla.

But how have you integrated TWG to Joomla. If it is an iframe then they are separated anyway.

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:10 

To be honest, I downloaded the install of TWG and installed it - but I've not downloaded the Joomla module.

Do I need to download the Joomla module for the flash uploader to funtion? (although I'm thinking that this'll be the problem :? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:13 
Site Admin

No - you don't need JFU. It's just cool if you want to allow joomla users to upload. But how do you integrate TWG to Joomla?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:24 

I don't think Joomla's been installed (unless it was included with the clean install of 1.7.7.2 - 12.5.2009?).

Does this need to be installed on top of TWG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:28 
Site Admin

No- I thought that you where using JFU in the beginning because your ploblem sounded like that.

Forget about Joomla.

What do you do exactly that I can reproduce the problem?

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20. May 2009, 21:50 

Sorry - My bad.

We create a directory in TWG explorer - go into this directory and use the flash uploader to upload images into this folder - when we upload pictures for the first time - it works perfectly.

But as we create a second folder, navigate into this folder, then try to upload pictures into this second folder, the flash uploader thinks we're in the first folder we created (although the HTML side of the page knows that we're in the newly created second folder)

We can browse into as many different folders as we want - but as soon as we try to use the flash uploader, it still thinks we're in the first directory.

What does fix the problem, however, is when we close the window, log back into the admin page, then use the uploader again, but this time -going straight into the newly created directory and uploading the files again. But as soon as we navigate into a different directory, it picks up the first directory.

I should point out at this stage that the HTML uploader works brilliantly - except the only downside of the uploader is the ammount of files that can be uploaded.

How does the flash pick up the directory it is in? My only guess is that the flash uploader caches itself on the first load, and uses that instance for every consequent visit.