Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 14:27

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30. Nov 2006, 17:14 

I'm curous, do new users sign up on a registration page when trying to get on the gallery or does the Admin have to manually create user accounts?

I'm looking to purchase some software for a website and I cannot find any info on this on the website.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Nov 2006, 17:46 
Site Admin

Useres are created by the admin only and this is right now to access the backend and do stuff there ;). Depending on the right they have they can upload files to specific folders or administrate the whole gallery.

The frontend is not restricted by and users from the backend - here you have passwords to protect your galleries.

In the next version users can be granted to login in the frontend too and do uploads with the TWG Flash Uploader if the admin has granted this right for this folder.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Dec 2006, 10:58 

hi,
im creating a social network for travellers and would like to have them the opportunity to upload photos and videos to share wih all other community members.
How can i do that? And when will the next version be released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Dec 2006, 11:57 
Site Admin

Hi,

This is not a big problem - create a folder for each user where he can upload.
then create a user in the backend with this directory and give him Modify rights.

Then he/she can upload images in his/her folder.

1.6 will come next year - the code is done but the translations are still on the way - maybe I make a small beta this week - I'll send an email to all users of the forum when I do this.

/Michael