Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 00:17

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: cyclic inequality
PostPosted: 10. Aug 2006, 20:43 

ducting material. This is because muscle contains a lot of water and Magnesium (as glycinate) 125m g 31% vide. More cell division means more opportunities for cell muta
Also, I think that Cameron sacrificed the story in order to setup for a franchise After reading the in-depth book on Avatar, the more I'm convinced of this Pandora has arctic, desert, and oceanic
effective topical antiseptic used to enhance the unique delivery system of the Potency Patch. Meal Plans for the 1,350-Calorie Program Table 11.2 Processes Associated With Adaptation After Resistance Training
diated by three different mechanisms. The respective of its source, cause a variety of by homologous recombination. When F

Last edited by fbreve on 7. Sep 2010, 08:52, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Aug 2006, 08:40 
Site Admin

First of all - bad address! with port 8081 -

I had to use an anonymizer to get to this adresss because lots of firewalls block this - therefore I'm not really sure about the speed.

The bandwith icon cannot detect the speed - have you changed something there? because if this is not working the internal caching does not seem to work ...

about optimization.
You shouldn't use the collage (gives you 1/4 of the traffic on the overview pages!). And don't use random images for the overview pages - only if ALL thumbs are already generated this is a good idea - because otherwise the script is e.g. always generating the thumbs for the main page until this is done (generating is about 0.5 sec / pic ) - you do the math! (you have e.g. 7x4 = 28 thumbs on the main page!).

when I'm inside a folder it seems to work fine.

I have to check if I do the calculation how may images are in a folder at the beginning for all folders or only for the one i'm viewing - this could be an optimization...

/Michael

the set
$cache_time == -1;

in the config. disables the scan of all cache images at the beginning (is only done once per session!)

entering the topx page take around 12 seconds for me. but I haven't unlocked any galleries - therfore much less data is involved in the search!

you can compare with my gallery (~ 1500 pics).
http://mdempfle.md.funpic.de/
Problem is always the 1st time access because there I have to load all xml files first - later they are cached!

a solution for this would be to build this session cache in the background - but if you enter the gallery and click on top 13 right away this would not help ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. Aug 2006, 08:51 
Site Admin

command back - I don't do a lot of caching for the topX.

This ia a big todo for the next update (1.5.0.x or so).

I'll try to optimize this before my vacation next week ;).

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12. Aug 2006, 07:06 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
First of all - bad address! with port 8081 -

My ISP blocks port 80 and 8080. To use then I would have to upgrade to a business plan, which I can't afford right now. So I'm doing a long term test with 8081.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
The bandwith icon cannot detect the speed - have you changed something there? because if this is not working the internal caching does not seem to work ...

Maybe it has something to do with Anonymizer, the bandwith test is working fine here, I didn't change anything. Anyway it almost always detects low speed because my upload is only 128kbps.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
about optimization.
You shouldn't use the collage (gives you 1/4 of the traffic on the overview pages!). And don't use random images for the overview pages - only if ALL thumbs are already generated this is a good idea - because otherwise the script is e.g. always generating the thumbs for the main page until this is done (generating is about 0.5 sec / pic ) - you do the math! (you have e.g. 7x4 = 28 thumbs on the main page!).

Most thumbnails are already created, I believe the problem is with the pictures directory scan, since it only happens in the first access of the session.

TinyWebGallery wrote:
entering the topx page take around 12 seconds for me. but I haven't unlocked any galleries - therfore much less data is involved in the search!

Even with the galleries locked it takes at least 30 seconds in the first time, and depending on the processor load in exceeds 1 minute and stops. The second and subsequent loads takes less than 15 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13. Aug 2006, 17:55 
Site Admin

The directory scan is only for the directories you do see.

I cannot speed up the first access - have you set the cachetime to -1 ? This is the only thing I do that is not needed for normal usage!

- you can e.g. disable the display of the number of images in each folder - this would help! because there is a directory scan of each visible folder (with subfolders ...) ! - try this and tell me how much the improvements are!
- decrease the number of images shown in one page - don't show the collage!
- I would reorganize your pictures anyway - you have 17 pages of folders!
maybe introduce some overview folders - and people would find their images faster!

- check if you like e.g. an account at www.funpic.de (it's available in english too) - free and 2.5 GB space for images! (have some ad's but TWG blocks most of them).

Speeding up topx is only possible by precaching some infos in the background - I have this on my tolist for the next release -

/Michael