Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 17:51

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2015, 02:07 

I downloaded and installed TWG ... and have it working. My intention was to be able serve-up my existing archive of family photos and vidoes ... which are all stored on an attached NAS device ... with a mapped drive.

Ideally, I'd like to simply "point" TWG at this folder, and let it do it's work. But -- for obvious reasons -- I would also like TWG to access it in read-only mode -- making all thumbnails and such on the local drive/cache system.

Is this possible??

Thank you!!

bdr

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2015, 09:47 
Site Admin

Normally you can link to this folder. But it has to be a relative path or a sym link.

if a relative path does work the images are already outside the webroot so no one can access them. with a link you can add a .htaccess files which prevents reading from outside.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2015, 20:48 

TinyWebGallery wrote:
Normally you can link to this folder. But it has to be a relative path or a sym link.

if a relative path does work the images are already outside the webroot so no one can access them. with a link you can add a .htaccess files which prevents reading from outside.

Best, Michael

Thank you Michael,

But, I am very new to this environment. So, I'm not sure how I would even accomplish what you are suggesting. Can you provide an example/syntax??

Thank you!!

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2015, 22:54 
Site Admin

Which operating system do you use?
Google is a good source how to create such a link...

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 7. Apr 2016, 04:11 

I'm trying the same thing.

The symbolic link to my folder isn't working. TWG doesn't even process it. I've changed the .htaccess file to include Options +FollowSymLinks at the top but it's still not seeing it.

In addition relative links aren't working either. I can go up a few directories but then the system crashes when I've put in ../../../media/

Lubuntu 15.x

PostPosted: 7. Apr 2016, 05:14 

Figured out the issue, I had to change the permissions for one of the folders in the path to the folder. This is an annoying Apache thing I think.

I ran
Code:
namei -m /media/dave/driveQuatro/Shared/Photos/
to get the permissions for all my directories

Code:
 drwxr-xr-x /
 drwxr-xr-x media
 drwxr-x--- dave
 drwxrwxrwx driveQuatro
 drwxrwxrwx Shared
 drwxrwxrwx Photos

I had to change the dave folder with chmod 755 to get the links to work. This have dave the read and execute permission that it needed.