Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 22:42

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 6. Apr 2009, 17:26 

Hiya,

Great photo album just what I have been looking for, however I have a few questions to clear up before I payup.

I have created 2 albums and have added back.png to them so I get a nice background instead of it being blank. I added 2 different back.png files one in each album directory, however the same background shows up in both albums. I have cleared the cache both in FF and in TWG but the only way I can get the different backgorunds to show up is if I switch to low bandwidth mode then I sometimes get the correct backgorund in the 2nd album. The other problem with switching bandwidth is everything is no longer centered it all shifts to the left of the screen. If I refresh the screen I get everything centered again but the background switches back to the same one in album 1.

Another issue is there is no text displayed by the pictures in the albums just teh file name, I have looked around in the demo albums you had and can't see why mine should be any different to yours.

I also set the watermark in the admin config but it made no differnece I still get powered by TWG on the pics. This is not a problem as I can get rid of it by otehr means but why have the setting in the admin menu if it doesn't do anything. Or is this an option that gets fixed in the registered version?

There is no option to create a gallery from the admin GUI, I need to create a dir on my machine and ftp it and all the files needed for it to the host server, I understand this is due to a php setting on the host server but it is still an odd feature that you can't create a gallery in a web gallery software package, people who are not fully computer literate would find this a real issue.

When I run my albums as a slide show the pictures appear in a white box that doesn't look very good when you have a background, but when I view them individually they are all well presented with a border, is this white box customisable to the size of the picture in it?

Is it possible to get rid of the help text that keeps appearing and changing at the bottom of the screen?

There are a few other questions but I think that will do for the time being.

As I say it is a great piece of work and I am not knocking it I just have a few doubts about it at the moment.

Cheers
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: 6. Apr 2009, 22:25 
Site Admin

That a list ;).

o.k.
background:
be careful if you use my demos because I have extra styles in the directory. back.png should work fine for each folder. You can even define dynamic background where the background is resized to the browser size. you can start with the transparent skin and depending on your background you have to adapt the colors.
low bandwidth should not have anything to do with it (only that you can define in low bandwidth that no backgrounds are used).

file names:
TWG checks if the file name looks like a camera name (e.g. DVC-34235.jpg). You can define the number of numbers that are the limit. You can also enter captions on the frontend or by iptc data.

Watermark. You have the clean the cache after changing this (there is a red (!) which tells you this) because cache images are only created once!

create an album
There are 3 ways to create an album. With the TWG Flash Uploaderin the frontend and in the backend and with the TWGxplorer (in the right upper corner where you can create files, folders and twg related files.)

slideshow:
you have to use normal or maximized slideshow if you have an background because the transition effect only works good if the images have the same size (therefore you have this border - where you can define the color in the config). in 1.7.8 I will replace this slideshow mode with one where you can choose beween 10 differend blending modes ;).

help text:
you can disable them - search for tips in the config.php

And make sure to read at least the first page of
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/en/configuration.php ;).

Have fun :).
- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Nov 2009, 23:51 

Hello.
I also have a few questions before registering.
In fact, I do not need a picture gallery, the only thing I am interested in is flash uploader for Joomla. My questions are (for the case I register a professional version):
1) Could it be any problem with uploading big files (more than 300 Mb)?
2) By now my site is in a test period and doesn't correspond to any domain name. I've read that it's possible to register an IP address. The question is, if I register an address now, would it be possible to change the registration and attach it to a domain name in future?
Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Nov 2009, 01:24 
Site Admin

1. No if you can set your server limits (php upload limit and timeouts) that 300 MB are possible then this is no problem. You can easily test this by using the Joomla default uploader. If you can upload 300 MB there you can upload this with JFU as well.

2. Yes - you can register an IP - if you already know the domain this would be great because then you can already register it and there is no additional overhead later on.

Best
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28. Nov 2009, 10:52 

Thanks.