Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 11:56

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2009, 20:42 

*sigh*

I know this will seem to stupid to those of you who understand the code.
I know basic HTML and web design skills.

I can move around the admin. area like a breeze, uploading, moving, creating directories, etc.

My question is.....where and how can I access the front page of the publicly-viewable galleries? Is the only way to customize one's gallery...to use code and only code? I can learn this, yes, but I have seen the front page of the gallery, with the sample galleries and some of my photos. However, it was taking the place of my website's address, so when one visited my website's address, the gallery popped up!

How can I find this gallery again? I moved the index.htm file into the admin folder, rather than naked and on the front page of my FTP program, which solved the problem of the replaced website.

Please let me know if I need to clarify, and thank you so much for your understanding.

Sarah

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2009, 23:42 
Site Admin

Hi I don't understand where you problem is.
Even in the administration is a link to the gallery.

simply remove th 'admin' part from your url...

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Oct 2009, 00:34 

well, first we've got a different issue to deal with first (by "we" I mean "I," don't worry).

www(dot)bratprincesssarah(dot)com/admin/index(dot)php

is spastically displaying the page title and trying to load, but not displaying a page. I haven't changed anything, since I left my first post. I have no idea why this would occur now.

As far as "gallery" being on the admin page....once I get it to display for me again, I'll take a screen shot and you can help me find that link, if you are so inclined.

Thanks!
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. Oct 2009, 06:19 
Site Admin

have you renamed admin/index.htm to admin/index.php? You have made a loop to yourself ...

because where the main page should be the index file does not even exist:
#removed_broken_link
but the info does:
#removed_broken_link

You should start with a clean install in a sub directory - seems you have all your stuff in the main directory!

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Nov 2009, 20:22 

Perfect. I was worried about losing all of the pictures I had uploaded to the "pictures file." So, I copied them all to a folder on the desktop. Safe and sound.

I hunted down all TWG files and killed them.
Formed new folder, "TWG," and installed TWG there.
Copied desktop "pictures" folder to "pictures file" on server.

Ta-daa!

Oh, and the link I'm looking for, to see my gallery, is "Back to TWG." I didn't make the connection. Sometimes the spelling mistakes throw me (that wasn't one of them, though - just a brain fart on my end) and I have to assume some things, BUT I understand that we can't have an amazing DIY web gallery such as this, and perfect English! You were too busy creating a kick-ass script. THANK YOU. I'll be registering as soon as I'm done with setup!

YOU ROCK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2. Nov 2009, 21:41 
Site Admin

If you want to improve the english - go ahead and do the modifications in the language file. I will be more than happy for some help...

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 3. Nov 2009, 01:02 

Absolutely! Thank you for the opportunity to contribute. It's the very least I can do, because I'm really loving your program. :-D