Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 16:06

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Calendar View
PostPosted: 17. Jan 2007, 17:35 

I've just started using TWG and I think it's one of the best and easiest I've seen to implement and use, however there is one feature that I've seen on another gallery that is stopping me registering just now :(

phpWebGallery has a brilliant calendar view that you can view by creation date or upload date http://demo.phpwebgallery.net/index.php?/categories/created-monthly-calendar-2006-1

I think something like this could make TWG really stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Jan 2007, 18:22 
Site Admin

The Calenderview is really nice. Maybe I create an optional view in the explorer tree (new in 1.6 - see http://tinywebgallery.com/test/twg16/)

where a tree not by albums but by date is generated. A problem of the calendar is that you have click quite often to get to your images - and most of the time you only have a few days in a month where images are uploaded and the rest of the time nothing is shown. I think a monthly view is enough here.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. Jan 2007, 21:21 

Hi Michael

Thanks for the fast reply, the explorer tree option is a good idea.

The only reason I liked the view on the other gallery is that it gives you the option of pulling the exif data and viewing by creation date. As a new dad with lots of photos that option appealed to me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18. Jan 2007, 10:01 
Site Admin

Exif data is read and used e.g. if you sort the images by date. If you enable this you can at least sort your images inside a folder in the date order.

Maybe the "NEW" feature is something for you too. You can tell TWG that it marks a gallery with a new button if e.g. new pictures are in there (you can specify the time in days).

/Michael