Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 13:17

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23. Mar 2006, 21:37 

I would like to see the ability to require users to login before they can view the galleries.

Also I would like to see user subscription activation via email implemented. An example would be this forum where you have to return an activation email to confirm signup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. Mar 2006, 10:16 
Site Admin

Hi,

I a protected gallery not enough? You can set a special folder image for each gallery as well. Each gallery can have different passowords as well - this makes it possilbe to give different groups different access.
If you want a simple "login" use a .htaccess file!

you can generate this e.g. at http://www.manitu.de/webhosting/support ... rotection/

I know about the activation email - I almost implemented this a while ago but it is quite hard to get the translations for all the languages. If I have finished the installer and the website I can take a look ...

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Mar 2006, 02:18 

Not really. I want to be able to not show the site until people have logged in. Protected directories still provide a view of the site content.

I am also working on modifying the code to take users from an SQL tabel rather than a file on the server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Mar 2006, 22:59 
Site Admin

True,

But TWG is not using any sql db and I want to keep it this way - feel free to change the code to your needs...

Have fun using TWG,
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Mar 2006, 13:52 

What's wrong with SQL ?I think it's easier to protect a database that a file on the server

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27. Mar 2006, 13:58 
Site Admin

Nothing is wrong with sql.

Just TWG does not need one and will never use any database because I want the setup very easy. on cheaper webspaces mysql databases are not always available, moving to another webspace is more difficult ...

You can make your user login with a database or a ldap server or or or :).

/Michael