Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 29. Mar 2024, 03:32

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 5. May 2007, 10:35 

Just tried TWG, I have to say it is really cool. Goodjob.

There is one thing though that TWG is really lacking in. User/group permissions.

Options/Settings should be added so the admin can limit the maxfilesize, and disk usage in each individual users folder.

for example, say I have user "joe blow". I want him to only be able to upload files smaller then 100k, and I want his folders total disk usage to remain under 5mb. But for say, user "ann smith", her permissions might be completely different.

don't think I need to explain in more detail really..

anyway, thanks for reading.. and I look forward to these essential administration options to be added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 5. May 2007, 11:01 
Site Admin

there is no tracking which image belongs to which user - and this is not possible because you can upload images with ftp too.

this would only work if you use the admin 100% - and/or
if you say a certain folder can have a maximum number of files.

I don't need this feature right now ;).
But feel free to implement it for you.

/Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. May 2007, 16:59 

Great idea. I'd like to see that too.

I really hope someone who can program PHP might give us a little help with that... That can't be hard, can?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 8. May 2007, 17:08 
Site Admin

actually this feature is already part of the TWG Flash Uploader ;). But in TWG not used and "only" folderbased.

As a first step that is quite easy is simply to add a quota to a folder. this can be easily checked by the Uploader.

What you can do:
open the tfu_config.php's in admin and i_frames.

and there you can set a $directory_file_limit ;).

btw. this only work in the registered version because it's a features of the flash ;).

then you already have a restriction for one folder. If you disalow your users to create directories you have a limit ;).

And you should only let the users use the frontend upload because in the twg Admin you can switch to the html upload that does not do this check.

/Michael