Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 22:30

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29. May 2019, 21:06 

Hi!

I really love your plugin, but my client just pointed out an issue that I missed during my testing before we went live. The content is not displaying on an iOS device using any browser. I have tested Chrome & Safari and they are both having the same issue. Now if I "request desktop version" of the site, the content of the iFrame appears.

After reading through the forum, I enabled debugging and saw the following in the page on the iOS devices only:

At the top of the page I see:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/32/d747554443/htdocs/clickandbuilds/RideauAuctions/wp-content/plugins/advanced-iframe/includes/advanced-iframe-main-iframe.php on line 16

And in the footer debug output section I see this:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/74.0.3729.121 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1
Headers of http://auctions.e2esoccer.com/PublicAuctions.aspx:
The check returned an error where no valid headers where returned. Please try the iframe manually. Details about the error: Error code: 47. Error message: Maximum (20) redirects followed. If you like more details about the error please see here.

When I view the page with the debugger turned on on Android, Windows or Linux in any browser, I just see the expected debug output of "200" (I didn't copy it since it was working OK).

The URL of one of the pages this is happening in is here: http://www.rideauauctions.com/public-auctions

And here is my short code for it:
[advanced_iframe enable_external_height_workaround="true" scrolling="no" enable_responsive_iframe ="true" enable_ios_mobile_scolling="false" src="http://auctions.e2esoccer.com/PublicAuctions.aspx"]

As you can see I am using the external work around as well.

I tried the embedded page in the iFrame tester you have (http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/free-iframe-checker) and it passed both checks. I also checked the headers are all returning properly as well since the debugger error said none were returned - but they are.

I hope I have given you enough info so you may be able to help me figure it out. I am wondering if the warning at the top of the screen (on Line 16) is causing the issue? But I have no idea what would cause that only on iOS...

Thanks in advance!
Chris.

PostPosted: 30. May 2019, 00:48 
Site Admin

so no content is showing at all?

And how do you request the desktop version?

About the error? there only the headers are printed. But is seems that none could be read with IOS.

can you enable the post message debug?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 30. May 2019, 14:15 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, nothing is shown - just white space.

To request the desktop version (in Chrome), I select the menu and then select "Request Desktop Site". Once you do this, the site will load in the future as well. But I do not believe that this can be done on Safari.

However, this won;t be a solution my client will accept obviously! :)

How do I enable "post message debug"? I don't see that as an option in the settings - unless I missed it?

Thanks again!
Chris.

PostPosted: 30. May 2019, 19:19 

I just found out that you can also request the desktop version in Safari as well by tapping and holding the reload icon and then the option will appear after a few seconds to request the desktop site.

Thanks,
Chris.

PostPosted: 30. May 2019, 20:58 
Site Admin

This is on the "external workaround" tab. It has even an extra border.

About safari. does this solve your problem now?

What I don't understand is that the desktop version is shown and the other not.

By enabling the debug you see if the communication is working.
Also 2019.2 should fix the error you get! So please update and check if this fixes something.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 30. May 2019, 21:15 

Hi,

I'll give the latest version a try and see if that works. I am away for the next few days, so I will try it once I am back.

Thanks again!
Chris.

PostPosted: 31. May 2019, 02:10 
Site Admin

for IOS you would actually to debug. do you have a mac? Because the ios debugger works only with a mac by default.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 31. May 2019, 13:31 

No, sorry I don't have a Mac...