Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 18:28

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13. Feb 2017, 17:34 

I just bought your plugin at codecanyon and I want to work over this url: http://www.autospravoce.com.br/?secao=busca&subsecao=busca&id_proprietario=1794&menu_left=off&menu_right=off
I don`t want the header of footer showing up.
And on this url I want just the image gallery and its aside information: http://www.autospravoce.com.br/?secao=busca&subsecao=busca&id=56784&menu_left=off&menu_right=off&cabecalho=on&id_proprietario=1794&revenda=sim
How can I do that with your plugin? Please, give me the exactly and clear instructions. Thank you a lot and congrats for the amazin plugin! ;-)

PostPosted: 13. Feb 2017, 19:25 

If the external js file is created on plugins folder, every site I have on my wpms will overwrite its settings, right? So, the plugin is not really compatible to a wpms, or am I mistaken? Thank you!

PostPosted: 13. Feb 2017, 22:13 
Site Admin

Hi,

to your first post.
Where should the content be included? Is it on the same domain?
Depending on that completly different solution needs to be used.

To you 2nd post.
I think you are on a different domain as you refer to the ai_external.js

You are right - there is only one ai_external.js but this configuration is only the default.
As written on the "external workaround" tab you can specify a custom configuration for each page. This file than has to be included before the ai_external.js.
See http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/external-workaround-auto-height-and-css-modifications
There I configure the ai_external.js completely different.

If you want to hide header and footer please check the example I posted. You only have to find the id/class of the element you want to hide ant specify this is in the configuration. There is no special selector for this because every browser has this already included and on the help tab I have written how to use this.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 15. Feb 2017, 23:41 
Site Admin

Have you sorted it out?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 17. Feb 2017, 15:08 

So, if I want to hide the areas I told you in the beginning I really need to have this js file on the customer side?
I want to get a content legally. I am doing Renault site and they can get the main Renault website content, but they will never let me to insert a script there to do that. Or even these autospravoce.com.br, who are small guys.
That is not clear here:
"Modify css styles
You can dynamically change the css of the parent and depending on your setup even of the iframe page too. So you can hide elements like header and footers or overwrite static sizes to make a page more responsive."

I already talked to two customers I have about this script inserting, but none of them were able to convince a lay person about an innocent script being inserted on the remote site. So, how can I hide the elements without this external js?
Thank you!

PostPosted: 17. Feb 2017, 17:43 
Site Admin

That is not clear here:
"Modify css styles
You can dynamically change the css of the parent and depending on your setup even of the iframe page too. So you can hide elements like header and footers or overwrite static sizes to make a page more responsive."

does change the css on the parent!!!! not in the iframe. This can be done of course without any external js - but this is not what you want.

2. If you want to modify a page on a different domain directly your NEED to have access to it. I agree that e.g. renault will not let you insert a unknown script! Because as I said - you can do anything with this script. Modify css, html, js .... and this also means that is is impossible to get auto height and real responsive iframe to work. Because there is no way that you get any information what is inside the iframe - the parent simply does not know!.

The option you then have is to use
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/show-only-a-part-of-the-iframe
and maybe
http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/hide-a-part-of-the-iframe

in combination! for both features are now in 7.4 an area selector where you can directly select the area you like. But you also have the restriction that you still don't know what is inside the iframe. So if you click in the iframe somewhere you don't know what is in there afterwards. So maybe the area you want to show is wrong.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 18. May 2017, 00:20 

I'm not able to get this to work either.

First question: Should I use the admin area settings or do I need to directly edit the JS file? I ask because no matter what settings I change, I see no difference.

Second question: All I want to do is to add a custom CSS to my iFrame and have it automatically resize the window. I cannot get it to work via the admin. Can you give us STEP BY STEP instructions? The links in those posts are still not clear about what I need to modify or WHERE it gets modified (remote site, my local JS file, admin options?)

Maybe my install just didn't connect properly.

PostPosted: 18. May 2017, 09:16 
Site Admin

Hi,

have you read the step by step instructions in the administration on the "external workaround" tab?
There is explained in detail how you enable auto height.

If you have this running adding a css file can be done one the "Add/Include files" tab.

If you have ONE iframe or all iframes have the same configuration you can use the administration as there you define the defaults. Settings in the administration for the external js file are saved in the ai_external.js. But if you need different configurations you can overwrite each setting by specifying this before the ai_external.js.

So you don't modify any local js file nor the ai_external.js! Read the documentation on the external workaround tab. There I show all options (overwriting parameters in a <script></script> before the ai_external.js or using a configuration file with the settings.).
The demos http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-pro-demo/external-workaround-auto-height-and-css-modifications show both ways if you want configure each ai_external.js differently.

Best, Michael

Best, Michael