Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 11:47

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13. Aug 2016, 01:58 

I'm not as familiar with Word Press and purchased the Advanced iFrame PRO. Here's the sequence to which I'm adding the advanced iframe:
1. Create a new page
2. As an FYI, I'm using the Swift Page Builder so I see the Swift Page Builder area where I add elements for my page
3. I don't see the "Add Advanced iFrame" in the Swift Page Builder so I click on the button above that which says "Use Default Editor"
4. Once I click that I see the "Add Advanced iFrame" button and click it, and it adds the proper tag [advanced_iframe securitykey="--my key--"]
5. When I click the "Use Page Builder" button, I see my Advanced iFrame and it's rendering my iframe properly

HERE IS WHERE IT BREAKS

6. When I click the "Use Default Editor" button, it doesn't show up anymore, in face if I click "Use Page Builder" button it doesn't show up anymore either.

:::: Things I've tried:
1. While in Swift Page Builder I saved my template (didn't work or come back)
2. "Update" the page (still once I click back and forth between the Page Builder and the Default Editor it disappears.

I need help just getting this iFrame loader to stay on my page...What am I doing wrong here?

PostPosted: 13. Aug 2016, 13:51 
Site Admin

Hi,

seems like a Swift Page Builder issue to me. It maybe does remove all short codes from the page if you switch the editor.
Have you tried to use the "Swift Page Builder" forum ans asked how to use short codes with Swift Page Builder properly?

Maybe it is a configuration in Swift Page Builder where you can allow certain short codes.

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 1. Sep 2016, 22:12 

Thanks so much! Okay, so now I've got the plugin working, but I'm still a little confused about how to import a css file that's located in my "/wp-contents/themes/cardinal-child/styles.css" local directory.

I need this css file to override styles in my iframe when I'm on mobile, so I've placed some @media queries to take care of that. After reading documentation and the instructions in the options page, I'm still a little confused how to include it to override my iframe page styles from a "different" domain while importing my local css file in my wordpress directory. Please help me on that :):):):) puhleeeez!!!

PostPosted: 1. Sep 2016, 23:28 
Site Admin

How is your setup?
Check the quick start guide.

Best Michael

PostPosted: 2. Sep 2016, 00:31 

My apologies, I'm using the advanced_iframe element via shortcode like the examples, however I'm confused even after reading the documents how to do the following:
1- With my local css file on my domain located in my directory's theme folder here: "/wp-contents/themes/cardinal-child/styles.css"
2- In the options I can't tell where to plug my local css file's local path so when the iframe get's imported I can override some styles in that child page (iframe source)

I have this feeling that I'm supposed to add that link in the "Additional css in iframe" field (in "Add/Include Files" tab), but when I read the description below it, it states that local references placed in this field will be treated as though the file is on the external domain and that you're referencing that file on the other server. So, I'm wondering should it go in the "additional css" field instead?

Once I have the correct path in the right field in my options, when I go back to my element and include the proper attribute in the short-code (e.g. "additional_css_file_iframe=""), will I need to include the same path there too?

thanx ~

~ mike

PostPosted: 4. Sep 2016, 12:47 
Site Admin

Hi,

This is not the main question about the setup.

Where should the css be added? On the same domain? a sub domain? an extenal domain where you can add one line of Javascript or do you don't have access at all (This is what the quick startt guide is for...).

See http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-features-availability-overview which features depends on the setup...

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2016, 20:55 

Correct, this is regarding me trying to modify the css of an iframe that I don't have any access to. My goal is to override the css in the iframe with my css. Not sure if this means it's somehow injected into the header of the incoming iframe content? It looks like this isn't possible I suppose since it wasn't a feature listed in your link you provided. Is this true or do you know of any workaround with your plugin.

If it isn't something I'm able to do with Advanced iFrame Pro then do you know of a plugin that could give me this ability since you're in tune with iframe scripting? Or if this is completely impossible then I'll concede to my client that we can't affect any css in the imported iframe. I've just got a map and form in the iframe that I need to change the size of and I thought your plugin would give me the ability to do that by including my own css stylesheet. I hope this makes sense and isn't too confusing.

Much appreciation ~

~ mike

PostPosted: 5. Sep 2016, 22:08 
Site Admin

If you are not able to add this line of Javascript it is impossible to modify any css or add any css to the iframe.

It is also not possible for anyone. If this would be possible you could include any website into yours and modify anything you like. Does not sound realistic, right?

My plugin already does the maximum that is possible.

Best, Michael