Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 28. Mar 2024, 21:34

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29. Sep 2015, 18:04 

Hi,

I just bought the pro plugin a day ago and have been playing around but was super confused as there are just too many settings or otherwise what to include into the short code.

My application is very simple and I'm not so savvy with codes, scripts....and what not.

This is what I need...

1. I just need to iframe a small portion of an external site (not mine) onto product posts. It's only an image from the external site.

2. For every product post I must be able to insert an iframe on my site. Which means there will be many different URLs for the external site. I've actually managed to do just that on one product post with the "area selector" and using the theme's custom.css to position the iframe at where I want, like this...

<div class="hello">
[advanced_iframe securitykey="ac5e8a2a16ecaad90f98bf4f0ba08ab8603d3d24" use_shortcode_attributes_only="true" src="https://www.external-site.com/whatever/some-keywords-here.html" id="" height="700px" width="900px" show_part_of_iframe="true" show_part_of_iframe_x="518" show_part_of_iframe_y="558" show_part_of_iframe_width="285" show_part_of_iframe_height="41"]
</div>

The CSS...
.hello {
position: relative;
margin: -35px auto 0;
width: 285px;
}

3. PROBLEM: When I view the page on my android phone, I can't see the iframed image. It only show a horizontal line, both Portrait and in Landscape view. On the desktop it displays fine. Is there anything I should do to make it viewable on smart phone? Be it android or ios? The external site is mobile responsive, so is my site.

4. When I go to my page source I can see Advanced iFrame code. I would like to hide the code. What should I include in the short code?

I'm not comfortable to post any links to my site here. If needed I will provide the login credentials for you to take a look.

Martin

PostPosted: 30. Sep 2015, 00:09 
Site Admin

Hi,

don't look at the other settings of aip. There are many other features which I implemented which a totally independent of each other ;).

If you don't have access to the other site show_part_of_iframe is the right way to go.
What I don't understand is the extra css.

3. One issue can be - does the other site render something different for e.g. Android? AIP has an internal browser detection where you can select different viewport with different devices. Maybe this is the way to go for you.

4. I don't understand. A shortcode in Wordpress is displayed in the post. What would you expect?

Best, Michael

PostPosted: 30. Sep 2015, 05:52 

Thanks Michael.

I've PMed you my site.

Martin